i so want an fto.........

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

i so want an fto.........

Postby tymeless » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:06 am

hi all. how you doing. I'm dave. been a huge fan of fto's for years. my mates had them before and gto's now i think its time for me to get 1. so if anyone could gimme a few pointers or even suggestions or even better still a few offers i'd be very grateful. cheers
tymeless
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby CJ » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:12 am

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. If you havn't seen the Buying Guide, check it out. Theres 3 years worth of posts on this forum so get reading! :)

Do you have any prefeneces on model and gearbox type, any budget in mind? Can I suggest that you get some insurance quotes before making a decision (if you havn't done so that is), I'm not trying to put you off but quotes on FTOs can be sometimes be prohibitive. In the mean time check out the Buy and Sell and CBG (and keep an eye on the For Sale forum), theres quite a few FTOs out there for sale at the moment.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:21 am

Welcome Dave, Like CJ says check out the insurance first.
Do any of your mates still have FTO's ?
I like the description East Galway, differentiate yourself from that west side crew! :wink:

tymeless wrote
or even better still a few offers i'd be very grateful. cheers

Well I am selling a '98 GX see link below if you are interested.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby tymeless » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:05 pm

hey how you doing CJ and Mustang, cheers for getting back to me. the main reason i want 1 now is finally the insurance company has quoted me on 1. up till now it was a no go. i mean i'm 28 full licence 5 years full NCB. the only snag i have right now is trying to sell what i have. a 99 ford focus. had some interest so far. nothing concrete.
anyway i've been reading some of the ads. as for which model or year? well maybe a GR or GPX. budget in and around 7000 to 7500.
well the 2 mates that had the fto's before both emigrated to OZ so at the moment bit hard to get advice from them
tymeless
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Mustang » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:14 pm

tymeless wrote:well maybe a GR or GPX. budget in and around 7000 to 7500.

In which case, check out this link. The car is based in Shannon and probably worth a look...
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Helen » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:38 pm

hey,

Welcome to the site,

you have picked a great car to buy, good luck with the search, make sure you get car fully checked out before you but.
Helen
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby tymeless » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:42 pm

Cheers Mustang good choice. very nice. i wonder if its still available. plus what the mileage is like on it. i must say you've been very helpful.
Hi Helen how are you. oh i know i've made a great choice. its just a case of finding a good 1 now. fingers crossed. x
tymeless
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Return to Introduce yourself