How do all

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

How do all

Postby The Bull » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:57 am

How's it goin,

My names Ger, just got a GPX Tip on Wednesday, following about 6 days of reading the forums on this site and a couple of slight nudges of encouragment from CJ I bit the bullet. Great Site, great car there are a couple of problems with it tho that maybe you guys can help with:

1 Accel pedal seems to be stuck to floor evertime I drive :wink:
2 Car doesnt seem to like Puntos tends to let v-loud roars at em as I overtake

3 Fuel economy not as good as last car, anyone ever hear of a Diesel FTO? Work on a building site so have access to 'green' tractor juice, if i could convert the FTO then I could steal the diesel AND not pay the duty, super chancey! :D :wink:

Look forward to hearin the MIVEC for years to come, keep her between the ditches.
ger
Straight in, no kissin'
The Bull
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby CJ » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:40 am

Good man Ger, bout time you signed up :)

The problem with the 'pedal to the metal' in linked into the effect that the MIVEC has on serotonin levels in the brain - its damn addictive!

On the diesel front, a conversion shouldn't be a problem - the 6A12 MIVEC lump runs at a 10:1 compression ratio which is close to enough to diesel engine compression. Assuming you can get glow plugs to fit, you could be onto a winner! :lol:

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do all

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:09 pm

The Bull wrote:.......anyone ever hear of a Diesel FTO? Work on a building site so have access to 'green' tractor juice.......... keep her between the ditches.

Welcome to the forum Ger.

With a handle like "The Bull" and wanting to run on green diesel - when you say keep her between the ditches I presume you mean in a field between the ditches - the first tractor conversion of an FTO is not far off :P

"Tis YOUR field BULL"! :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby The Bull » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:07 pm

Cheers lads,

Just signed up and already tryin to shake things up! :)

Although the puff of black smoke out the back of a diesel MIVEC as you downshift would be something to see! :) Bond style car, anti-bad guy device!

Picture the chase scene, all you need to do is imagine a couple of baddies in a punto, one with metal teeth and one with an AK47 and of course one with a curvy dagger, up the @rse of a FTO on the Cashel bypass! Downshift, plume of black smoke, the baddies end up in a sheep dip, Bond makes a quip about " smoking being bad for yer health " and ends up in the sack with Marion Finnucane in the Burlington!!:D :D

Not only has Bond sealed the deal with Finnucane, he's also saved about sixty quid in the process coz shes paid for the room, and he's robbed the green diesel off the site next door! :D It all makes sense lads, get a petition into Mitsubishi, re-release of FTO with new diesel version. :smt043

Btw, the best part by far about the FTO, even better than MIVEC and styling, is the effect it has on other drivers, been called a w**nker twice already!! :D :D Also was called a " clown " when mates Da saw it!

Jealousy is an ugly emotion!

Keep up the good work men ( and women )

cya
Straight in, no kissin'
The Bull
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby CJ » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:52 pm

The Bull wrote:been called a w**nker twice already!! :D :D Also was called a " clown " when mates Da saw it!

I'd be interested to know what you were up to on the road when lads were calling you a w**ker, as regards being called a clown, did you look anything like this at the time?

;)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Muad_dib77 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:04 pm

Hey Ger,

Welcome to the forum!

If you enjoy driving with your mivec hanging out you'd better get used to people doing the "two finger wave" at you..Fortunately you'll mostly be seeing them in "rear view mirror vision" ;-)

Congrats on the ride, and looking forward to seeing you on the road :-)

WrrrOOOOUM!
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby alloywheelsinternational » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:48 am

hope you enjoy the car as it should be enjoyed. and welcome to the forum.

welcome and enjoy the mivec. :evil:
mines a manual!
http://www.alloywheelsinternational.com
4 Rota Kei & More Jap Alloy Wheels, BodyKits, Vertical Doors, Exhaust systems.
alloywheelsinternational
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Introduce yourself