FTO Magazine!!! Coming soon!

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

FTO Magazine!!! Coming soon!

Postby the real technikhaus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:20 am

So its time I announced my newest project for FTO, and no I'm not lying- I really am working on an FTO Magazine!
Will be getting printed once it's all finalized and will be happy to ship copies over to Ireland!

Here is the half finished front cover so you can see the amazing-ness of this!

And you are the first to see a preview of one of the articles inside!
Copyright Nick Borich 2012 - All works used under license - All rights reserved.

Currently I have nearly finished the first article about car photography and will start a few more on various stuff as the weeks go by however we want to hear from YOU! FTO Owners from around the world! We want you and your cars to feature so have a think about writing an article or having an interview with me about you and your car!

Im so excited! Maybe another preview soon? If you're lucky!
Nick
Last edited by the real technikhaus on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
the real technikhaus
Unleaded
Unleaded

Re: FTO NZ Magazine!!! Coming soon!

Postby goz_83 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:23 am

Just a suggestion, but wouldn't it make more sense to leave out the New Zealand part? It would make the magazine much more appealing to the rest of the world FTO owners. I for one would be very interested in receiving a copy, with the possibility of subscription depending on frequency and cost. I think it would also give you more flexibility and you could even rotate the focus to other countries with a country specific article on each issue, starting with New Zealand and moving to Oz and then maybe The UK and lumping Ireland in there too.

I look forward to seeing this happen. I just hope you leave your measuring tape out of it ;) You doing quarterly issues?
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby the real technikhaus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Taking it worldwide?!!! What a brilliant idea! Never though we'd have enough interest but yet here we are!
Frequency is more likely to be Biannually (Twice a year) as it takes a while to edit/design/print/distribute etc when its comes before university and work :roll:
Cost will be as little as possible, mainly covering cost of printing, design and distribution. Will know more closer to release! We would love to have articles from all over the world in each issue and were excited to have articles from you guys feature as well!

Cheers,
Nick.
the real technikhaus
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby CJ » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Nick, I have to agree with Goz's suggestion, there are FTO owners clubs in a number countries at this point, you could engage an enthusiastic volunteer from each club to act as the local 'correspondent' in terms of filtering news back for publication. I appreciate that the scope of such an endeavour is probably bigger than what what you currently have in mind but it would be worth considering nonetheless. It might even lead to the creation of a global league of FTO owners clubs!

The other point is the medium - would you consider publishing online? A paper based approach introduces extra admin, printing costs, postage costs etc. You could look to cover your time (and even make a small profit) by enlisting advertisers, particularly those who are open to shipping product globally (Camskill and RPW are 2 that come to mind).

Good luck with whichever route you choose to take, I'll be watching initiative this with interest.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FTO Magazine!!! Coming soon!

Postby the real technikhaus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Having a foreign correspondent in each club would help with organisation and distribution- Will look into it soon!
We are definitely going worldwide now! Its great to have the interest and support from everyone and it will make the magazine better than I alone could have possibly dreamt of!
We want a printed magazine. Not an online magazine however; when you purchase a printed copy, you will receive access to an online PDF free of charge!

Nick.
the real technikhaus
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:32 pm

I am a designer so will offer some advice, the inside pages look great, but the front cover text(just under the '&' symbols should really be in bold, they should stand out as they are important pieces of information, I would also drop the font size of the '&' a little as they are of lesser importance. Other than that its looking great.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Re: FTO Magazine!!! Coming soon!

Postby Dilogoat86 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:43 pm

Fantastic idea and I think it would appeal to a decent audience. There are a lot of people I know who love FTOs but never owned one or joined this club.
Currently in my collection:
'98 Toyota Starlet...
'79 Mini Clubman 1380cc ~100BHP (I hope)
'79 BMW 728
Dilogoat86

Return to General FTO Discussion