Underbody Rust

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Underbody Rust

Postby Bernard » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:22 am

optical illusion wrote:Think Bernard here got that done, would be curious to know how he got on or was it worth it?

I was happy with it, of course without going on a dyno/checking emissions directly before and after the process you can't be sure.
There's a thread in the club discount section with details.

You can skip to the end of the runs for the results...
FTO-Ireland Dyno day 2012 From Youtube.com

Here's Edd China to tell you how great it is
Terraclean From Youtube.com
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goz_83 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:12 am

optical illusion wrote:Think Bernard here got that done, would be curious to know how he got on or was it worth it?

Bernard also got it done just before the dyno test. Again, the results were great on the dyno, compared to Chris' GX, which did not get the terra clean and had lost around 20hp or more from factory.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mivecrx » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:47 pm

goz_83 wrote:

Bernard also got it done just before the dyno test. Again, the results were great on the dyno, compared to Chris' GX, which did not get the terra clean and had lost around 20hp or more from factory.

You can't say the dyno results were great without having a before and after using Terraclean. Many things could cause that gx to be down 20bhp down from factory.
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby goz_83 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:30 am

mivecrx wrote:
goz_83 wrote:

You can't say the dyno results were great without having a before and after using Terraclean. Many things could cause that gx to be down 20bhp down from factory.

Yeah I know it can't be proven without before and after tests. But all cars will lose some power with carbon build up over the years. The GX was a year younger than mine and had around the same miles I think. It just seemed a little too coincidental that the two cars that had the closest to factory bhp were the ones that had been treated. My own opinion would be the treatment made the difference.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Previous

Return to General FTO Discussion