FOR SALE 04 Ford Focus 1.6 LX A/C [Price reduced]

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

FOR SALE 04 Ford Focus 1.6 LX A/C [Price reduced]

Postby Mustang » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:21 pm

Seeing as there is nobody looking at carzone or CBG these days I thought I'd stick the car up here!

Blue metallic, 5dr, air conditioning (quite rare in this model focus) CD, steering column stereo controls, heated windscreen, electric windows, front and side airbags, remote central locking, alloys (with lock nuts). ABS brakes. 63k with full service history, last service at 58k. New front brake discs and pads and drop links at @61k. 4 fresh tyres. Very clean throughout. 40+mpg. NCT 04/10, Tax 05/09.
Price: €8250 ono
Contact by pm or 087-9067393
May consider PX for similar or smaller hatch back of a lesser value, fiesta, colt, almera etc.
Last edited by Mustang on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:31 pm

The harsh reality of the current car market has set in :cry: . Price reduced. to €7250
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Shouldn't be too hard selling this car, It's a nice looking one and it's on the lower end of the advertised Carzone prices, the fact that it's a hatchback and has nice equipment levels should help it. The market is just dead at the moment. Where else have you advertised apart from Octane?
colm_mcm

Postby Mustang » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:56 pm

colm_mcm wrote:Shouldn't be too hard selling this car, It's a nice looking one and it's on the lower end of the advertised Carzone prices, the fact that it's a hatchback and has nice equipment levels should help it.

That's what I thought. :roll: It seems to me that the problem is people are not even looking. I did a pay add with carzone. got about 45 views over 30 days, so 1.5 views a day -not worth the money.
Have tried the free cbg add, that yields about 1 view a day :roll: Again a complete waste of time. I wouldn't mind spending the money, if I thought there was anybody looking. Back in the day, you'd get ~25 to 30 views a day on a carzoine add -ok some were scammers, virtual tyres kickers, but some were potential buyers but at least people were looking.
In the B&S as well. There are more views on this thread than the carzone and cbg have yielded!
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:59 pm

Go back to basics, put some ads in the window and leave it somewhere visible. print up some ads and stick them in Dunnes and Tesco
colm_mcm

Postby CJ » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Mustang wrote:I wouldn't mind spending the money, if I thought there was anybody looking. Back in the day, you'd get ~25 to 30 views a day on a carzoine add -ok some were scammers, virtual tyres kickers, but some were potential buyers but at least people were looking.
In the B&S as well. There are more views on this thread than the carzone and cbg have yielded!

I can tell you that I got over 1200 views for the VR-4 over 2 months with not much in the way of interest (despite 2 price drops). The only thing that will sell cars at the minute is low prices and persistance, even at that, its a struggle. The Focus is a mass market car and I would have thought it would be pretty saleable. This one looks like a particularly good buy.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Other Cars