Parking Lights

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Parking Lights

Postby JD » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:43 am

I don't know about you but I find that the amount of light that the 'parking lights' emit is dismal, it's almost like a 'Glow' :? , and they only seem to take those tiny little bulbs. Does anyone know is there a way to increase this?
JD
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:53 am

I replaced these with the Philips blue vision bulbs when I changed my other bulbs in December - they are slightly brighter - they're not exactly meant to light up the road so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

If you're changing your bulbs to the bluevision ones you're probably better off changing all 8 bulbs (heads/dips/fogs & parking) or else you'll have different colour lights which would look a bit naff.

From what I remember - I think the parking bulbs are the same as the side indicator bulbs?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:57 am

JD,
If you place an order with power bulbs for either dipped or high beam bulbs they'll throw in a set of w5s bulbs (parking light bulbs) for free. For one set of bulbs it will cost approx €34.
The philips blue vision w5w bulbs give a much crisper white light, compared to the standard pathetic yellow glow. However the light emitted is still minimal.
http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical