Help... Looking to buy cheap Fto and have no car knowledge

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Help... Looking to buy cheap Fto and have no car knowledge

Postby justinnolan32 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:52 pm

Looking to buy cheap Fto and have no car knowledge..... There's couple of garages selling for 1,500 with 95kmiles... Does anyone know mechanic who'd look at car with me and i'd sort them out some cash for their time.... All help greatly appreciated as i got stung last year buying a beemer and paid 3grand gettin head gasket,timing belt etc etc.....

:nwor
justinnolan32

Re: Help... Looking to buy cheap Fto and have no car knowledge

Postby CJ » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:50 pm

Welcome Justin. Please fill in your location in your profile so as we can suggest a mechanic near you.

Buying cheap is not always the best approach, particularly so in relation to an older car like the FTO. You'll end up spending just as much again getting the car in the right condition.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help... Looking to buy cheap Fto and have no car knowledge

Postby TopCat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Welcome along Justin.
If you want a decent FTO, you'll end up paying a little more than €1500 IMHO. I'd only buy one for that price with the intention of putting (at least) another €1000 into it, full service, replacing bushings etc. The other option is to spend that bit extra in the first place and get a sorted one (CJ's being a prime example, and I think most people here would agree that car is great value). Either way, you can get a lot of car for under €3k these days.
Once we know your location, I'm sure you'll get some recommendations for mechanics (or if your lucky, a volunteer from the site).
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Return to Introduce yourself