N7 Outside Roscrea Friday 29/10/04

Spotted an FTO on the road recently? Post times and locations here.

Moderator: Moderators

N7 Outside Roscrea Friday 29/10/04

Postby Mustang » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:20 pm

Spotted a black FTO (95 D.. I think) on the N7 Limerick side of Roscrea heading in the Limerick direction at 5.40pm friday evening. Any takers?
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:51 pm

There is a black FTO that is usually parked on the top of Henry Street in Limerick - I noticed he has recently added on a bonnet vent just over the Air Filter. Wonder does it do anything for performance? I've wanted to do something similar for a while now.

BTW Mustang - My cousin in Laois has also recently bought a black GR Tip - its a 95 D reg - lowered with drilled front disks and aftermarket alloys. It was debadged except for "Mivec" badges on the side. Nice car though - drives well - looks clean. Sounded better than my last GR Tip as well - it had a blitz type filter with cold air pipes.

I believe the car was orig owned by a guy on the forum from thomastown in Kilkenny.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:02 pm

the black FTO on the top of Henry St, is Karls, i use the word black loosely though, he's been a bit unlucky lately, people seem to like the fto so much they drive into it! :shock: he's getting her re-sprayed soon though!
but as for the vent he swears by it, reckons it really improves the throttle responses.....
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:08 pm

The one I saw on friday had a rear screen wiper -not sure about a bonnet vent.

MfFTO wrote
BTW Mustang - My cousin in Laois has also recently bought a black GR Tip - its a 95 D reg - lowered with drilled front disks and aftermarket alloys

I saw a black one once recently parked outside a house, between Portarlington and Mountmellick (middle of nowhere, countryside) could that be the one?
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:34 pm

Mustang wrote:The one I saw on friday had a rear screen wiper -not sure about a bonnet vent.

MfFTO wrote
BTW Mustang - My cousin in Laois has also recently bought a black GR Tip - its a 95 D reg - lowered with drilled front disks and aftermarket alloys

I saw a black one once recently parked outside a house, between Portarlington and Mountmellick (middle of nowhere, countryside) could that be the one?

My cousins has a rear screen wiper (damn handy too!) - if its in the middle of nowhere I'd say thats about right - I can never find the house when I go there.

Don't think you would have noticed Karls vent - its quite a small one over the filter.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:41 pm

MfFTO wrote
- if its in the middle of nowhere I'd say thats about right - I can never find the house when I go there.

Where I saw the car was just around the corner from Michael Moores -the big merc VAG dealer and just down the road from Brian Walsh car sales; he was selling a black ,95 GR a while back when I was buying mine. I just assumed it was the same car and that someone from the garage was driving it![/quote]
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:48 pm

Mustang wrote:MfFTO wrote
- if its in the middle of nowhere I'd say thats about right - I can never find the house when I go there.

Where I saw the car was just around the corner from Michael Moores -the big merc VAG dealer and just down the road from Brian Walsh car sales; he was selling a black ,95 GR a while back when I was buying mine. I just assumed it was the same car and that someone from the garage was driving it!

He did mention that he bought it from a dealer in the area - bought it for €4500 - must have been hanging around a while - a really good price for the car considering its condition - it had some nice mods like Momo wheel,air filter, drilled disks, lowered etc.
If we have a meet in the near future - I'll make sure he brings it along.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Spotted