Paddys Day - Liffey Valley

Spotted an FTO on the road recently? Post times and locations here.

Moderator: Moderators

Paddys Day - Liffey Valley

Postby CJ » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:11 pm

Spotted black UK regged GPX with black\grey leather job in the carpark of the Arc pub in the Liffey Valley centre, stuck flyer on windscreen! (I knew they'd come in handy soon!)

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Black FTO, UK plates Liffey Valley/Arc carpark on Paddys Day

Postby cakesparky » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:37 pm

Hi There....I just posted...then checked the forum and its my car!?
THATS MY CAR?!?!
How cool is that!

below is my post....I owe you a beer, would be grand to have a pint sometime with a fellow FTO owner, as I'm pretty crap at mechanical stuff, just bought the FTO in early Jan...adore the car, it is the dogs frolicks!
Mine came with a nice leather interior makeover, but I reckon she needs some Gearbox/timing belt servicing pretty soon....
any guidance that you/anyone can give me would be fantastic....

thanks to the person who put the Flyer under my windscreen at Arc carpark in Lucan, Dublin last week, (Black FTO GR with UK plates, if you remember who it was...I owe you a beer!)
I am very grateful....I live and work over here in Dublin.
Bought my FTO in january 04, and have needed a few bits and pieces as well as having to learn all about the car.

The site is terrific and for a non-mechanically orientated driver, its an absolute God-send! Love the FTO for Dummies section...perfect for me!

Thanks guys and I will become a regular of the site.
cakesparky
1st gear
1st gear

Re: Black FTO, UK plates Liffey Valley/Arc carpark on Paddys

Postby CJ » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:13 pm

cakesparky wrote:Hi There....I just posted...then checked the forum and its my car!?
THATS MY CAR?!?!
How cool is that!

Welcome to the site cakesparky, glad you could stop by 8)
I was sitting near the window in Arc when you pulled in to the carpark so I stuck the flyer under your wiper on the way out. Car looks well by the way, the leather interior certainly looks the part.

There are a few people around Dublin who know FTOs pretty well, theres a mechanic in Artane called Paul, he's really knows his FTOs (Check out the 'Services' page for contact details. If the timing belt hasn't already been changed on yours since import, get it done ASAP. You might as well have the car checked over at the same time. If you feel you're not that great when it comes to the old spanners, get in touch with Paul and he'll fill you in.

We have the odd meet every so often, keep an eye on the 'Meets' forum to see whats happening in that regard. Where are you based by the way?
I'd be happy to meet up at some stage for a pint and a tyre kicking session, just pop me a mail offlist.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cakesparky » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:29 am

Hi Cj,
I've a place in Lucan, working in Clondalkin (although home/wife/kids/ are in newcastle upon tyne)

I'll ping you a mail over....if thats you're neck of the woods and Arc is handy lets grab a beer. Its my 'regular/local' drinking place.

Thanks for all the tips, i need them. I'll be trying to hook up with Paul next week in Artane, see if i can get the belts sorted and some pointers on do's/dont's !

(btw...the name is mark. Handle is cakesparky "dont ask why"....its a dull and lifeless story, but nothing to do with eating cakes, or making them for that matter)

Cheers again,
cakesparky
1st gear
1st gear

Return to Spotted