Failed the NCT on CO2 - Boo Hoo!

Discuss issues related to the NCT \ MOT

Moderator: Moderators

Failed the NCT on CO2 - Boo Hoo!

Postby IrishPhoenix » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:47 am

Hi guys,

Had the NCT today and it failed. Was going to put diptain into it but thought i'd try red lining it on the way over. Got stuck in school traffic then. Should of listened to you guys!! The pass rate is 0.3% and my emissions were 0.80%!! I got onto the garage who sold me the car and they said they fix it as they promised to stand over it, but i was well annoyed. It's only a 97 with 40000 miles, wouldnt of expected any problems. Enough moaning. Anger vented :cry:
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'.
- Tommy Cooper
IrishPhoenix
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Kace » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:15 am

So is the garage going to fix it ? If so, how ?
The cure for this as we've said before is just to drive the bejesus out of it before you get there.
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Failed the NCT on CO2 - Boo Hoo!

Postby CJ » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:27 am

IrishPhoenix wrote:Hbut thought i'd try red lining it on the way over. Got stuck in school traffic then. Should of listened to you guys!!

For whats it worth, I got stuck on the carpark that is that M50 on the way over to the centre in Fonthill, I drove the car in 2nd and 3rd all the way over to keep the revs up and get the engine nice and hot (although I'm sure the ATF was a bit on the warm side as well!)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re-test

Postby IrishPhoenix » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:22 am

My re-test is on Wednesday now. so hopefully everything is ok. Good to be re-united with my car after driving a 94 micra for a few days :)
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'.
- Tommy Cooper
IrishPhoenix
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Return to NCT \ MOT