Speedo Problems PLEASE HELP ME

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Speedo Problems PLEASE HELP ME

Postby Larsdowg » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:42 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I am having speedo issues, it was originally dropping in and out and now doesnt work at all,

I have been told it may be the clocks even though I have checked the kmh/mph convertor and this is fine. The clocks may still be at fault.

I have also been told it may be the sensor in the top of the gearbox even though the rev/tac still works.....

Is there anyway I can do to check the issue myself as Mitsubishi have not been much help without me having to dig deep into my wallet :(

Any help appreciated thanks

p.s. my next step is going to buy a second hand speedo fit that and see if that IS the issue...

thanks Rick/Larsdowg
Larsdowg
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:37 pm

Rick, as per my email, undertake a diagnostic to see if the problem is related to the speed sensor (VSS). See this link for a full list of error codes.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

FIXED!!! ish.......

Postby Larsdowg » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:51 pm

Cheers for the Diagnostics, worked a treat, and really simple to do... told me it wasnt an issue with anything on the car itself :D . So stripped the speedo to find that there was a broken link under the clock :cry: ........soldered this and fitted it back in all working....but now in KMPH not MPH.

Any idea where I can get a speed convertor from to fit to the back of the clocks as the one I have is now knackered...

thanks again for the help, appreciated
Rick :lol:
Larsdowg
1st gear
1st gear

Return to FTO Technical