Rash of 350z's on the market

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

Rash of 350z's on the market

Postby soc » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:44 pm

Who are Japzone? They have a shed load of 350z's on carzone -

http://www.japzone.ie/usedcars/index.cf ... chtext=IMP

Will this dilute the brand - one of the appeals (in my mind anyway) of the Zed is it's rareity.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:00 pm

I noticed this too Shane, serious amount of them and all from Japan, nearly all of them are the based model too, I'd seriously doubt they have them all in the country, if you have a look at their site and they've 4 or 5 R34 GTR's as well!! The price of the Zed's are falling though, they can be picked up for less than £10K in the UK!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:21 pm

Dave wrote:I noticed this too Shane, serious amount of them and all from Japan, nearly all of them are the based model too, I'd seriously doubt they have them all in the country, if you have a look at their site and they've 4 or 5 R34 GTR's as well!! The price of the Zed's are falling though, they can be picked up for less than £10K in the UK!!

Yea, they all looked like the basic model alright. I'd say you're right, it's unlikely they have them all here. It would be a pity if too many hit the roads here - lovely car - even though I'm not a fan of the dash I'd be considering one as the next car if my wife wasn't so anti jap automobile :wink:
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:58 pm

You should check out my car... it's a little different than most!! 8) Full carbon interior completely transforms the car!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:23 pm

soc wrote:.......... It would be a pity if too many hit the roads here - lovely car - even though I'm not a fan of the dash I'd be considering one as the next car if my wife wasn't so anti jap automobile :wink:

No chance of Ireland getting overrun with Zeds - the engine size and assoc road tax and insurance costs will see to that. Its a niche performance car - 2 seats - big engine - RWD & LSD - not many peeps in Ireland are in the market for such a car.

Values have really dropped recently to boot mostly down to the "R" word.

I'll probably be selling my own Zed towards the end of this year. Though its likely that the replacement will be another Zed - they really are great cars - very reliable - economy not too bad - excellent handling and they look the biz.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:28 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:
soc wrote:.......... It would be a pity if too many hit the roads here - lovely car - even though I'm not a fan of the dash I'd be considering one as the next car if my wife wasn't so anti jap automobile :wink:

No chance of Ireland getting overrun with Zeds - the engine size and assoc road tax and insurance costs will see to that. Its a niche performance car - 2 seats - big engine - RWD & LSD - not many peeps in Ireland are in the market for such a car.

Values have really dropped recently to boot mostly down to the "R" word.

I'll probably be selling my own Zed towards the end of this year. Though its likely that the replacement will be another Zed - they really are great cars - very reliable - economy not too bad - excellent handling and they look the biz.

Will you transfer all the bits or start again??
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:36 pm

Dave wrote:...
Will you transfer all the bits or start again??

I'll likely leave the kit and rims on. Kinetix plenum, JWT induction, CF slam panel and engine cover, bonnet lifters and Y pipe and decats will all likely come off as I may use these again myself (Unless I go 309bhp which is also quite possible) in which case I'll sell them on.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:41 pm

Hmm, well if you wanted to go back to the standard rear bumper and skirts give me a shout!! :lol:

Are the newer ones not 313bhp??
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:57 pm

Dave wrote:Hmm, well if you wanted to go back to the standard rear bumper and skirts give me a shout!! :lol:

Are the newer ones not 313bhp??

We can talk at the meet re kit.

The newer Zeds are 313bhp in american money - 309bhp in Euro terms (America has/had a different rating of bhp) - hence the confusion.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:05 pm

Ah I see....
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mark » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:34 pm

[quote="Myfeckin 'economy not too bad' -
That's not what Russman says :wink:
mark
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:37 pm

mark wrote:[quote="Myfeckin 'economy not too bad' -
That's not what Russman says :wink:

I'm getting 25 - 28mpg - (not too bad in a 280bhp+ coupe) according to my trip computer at least.
I put back in the cats though for a recent NCT and found I dropped under 25mpg alright so the decats ain't just about performance.

Positively diesel-esche (sic) compared to the Rex I'm sure!
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mark » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:43 pm

:lol: Yeah was talking to Russ at the Terenure show and his mpg figures were way under yours which really surprised me. Made me feel a little better about the Rex :D If I have time I might take a spin down to Limerick meet.
mark
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:00 am

mark wrote::..............If I have time I might take a spin down to Limerick meet.

Yip - do try get down - how bout getting that Rex into the main 1/4 mile sprint and/or standby for the team 1/4 mile?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mark » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:00 pm

Mmm, tempting, maybe next year. It needs a new set of tyres at the mo and I don't think I have the bread to spare as I'm heading away shortly afterwards. That could all change of course! Best of luck though.
mark
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby RussMan » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:49 pm

The Z is a dog in traffic but everything.... i mean everything else on the car is the S**t.

Mines probably gone this week which i've just found out. New clutch going into the car and gearbox components... something went horribly wrong with what we thought to be the pressure plate but ended up being a dead gearbox bearing and Nissan are replacing the clutch just in case.... go team Nissan all under warranty :)

Mine is a steal at the moment at 48,995 on carzone. test driving a nearly new Subaru Legacy Spec B during the week so i think ill have to bail from the meet if it doesn't get closed up by then.

Arriving in a Nissan Tiida would be a most unpleasant experience!!
???? - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
2007 Nissan 350z GT
2004 Nissan 350z GT
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPvR
1997 Mazda Mx-3
RussMan
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby RussMan » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:50 pm

Guess i'm gonna have to change my signature for the moment! :(
???? - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
2007 Nissan 350z GT