lotto

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

lotto

Postby ronbyrne » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:24 am

post removed by ronbyrne
Last edited by ronbyrne on Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronbyrne

Re: lotto syndicate

Postby soc » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:44 pm

ronbyrne wrote:check this lotto system out, i joined last week, great idea. It mixes the best side of network marketing with doing the uk lottery and euromillions.

http://www.v-w-d.com/66799RB

watch the e-lottery movie and see what these guys are doing, i know its not for everyone, but its worth a look !

Sounds like a money making scheme for someone - I had a quick look and from what I can see the basic idea is that you go into a syndicate with 38 other people all with the same numbers but different star numbers -

So that means any winnings have to be divided between 39 people - if you then look at the euro millions website and check the results from the last draw you'll see that you'd really need to be matching 4 numbers + 2 stars (or greater) for it to be worthwhile at all....

In the last draw 4 numbers + 2 stars gave winnings of 5227 - divided by 39 is only approx 135 euro each - hardly worth the hassle if you ask me - especially when you consider only 128 people match this in the last draw.

Like I said - a money making scheme for whoever's running that site!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ronbyrne » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:02 pm

dont have a Quick look , it.s more complex than that .The lotto. uk lottery and euromillions are all "money making schemes" there is nothing underhanded or bad about that, if you work , your employers are involved in a "money making scheme"and as with all syndicates, the win has to be shared between syndicate members,it increases your chances of wining but the bounty must be shared, it took me several hours to read all the information on that site and cross reference it, the company is also a member of the lotteries council so they are as legit as any seller of lotto tickets, like i said these things are not for everyone, but worth a look.
ronbyrne

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:57 pm

we don't allow these schemes on eBay - I have no doubt that there are a few peeps making a bit of dosh using these schemes..but they are all essentially pyramid schemes...some bloke at the top is making the big dosh..

as an individual you have a bigger chance of winning - but you'll have to share your price with a binch of other folk..

Personally I wouldn't touch these things - but some people might think it's a bit of crack... and that's essentially all it is... something you can spend your hard earned money on..

I'd rather get modding ;-)
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby soc » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:00 pm

ronbyrne wrote:dont have a Quick look , it.s more complex than that .The lotto. uk lottery and euromillions are all "money making schemes" there is nothing underhanded or bad about that, if you work , your employers are involved in a "money making scheme"and as with all syndicates, the win has to be shared between syndicate members,it increases your chances of wining but the bounty must be shared, it took me several hours to read all the information on that site and cross reference it, the company is also a member of the lotteries council so they are as legit as any seller of lotto tickets, like i said these things are not for everyone, but worth a look.

Hey ron, didn't mean to imply it was dodgy - just that it wasn't as good a deal as it sounds when you initially read the website blurb - I agree with you though that it's probably a better way to do the euro lotto as it does increase your chances somewhat ;)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Off Topic