Thieving Cnuts...My dust caps AGAIN

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Thieving Cnuts...My dust caps AGAIN

Postby goz_83 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:30 pm

So a couple of weeks ago, my mitsi dust caps were stolen. They had the anti-theft grubs, but they were still taken. So last week, I ordered a set of the cheapish, but rather nice looking blue ones from Ebay and stick them on. Just now I noticed they are gone. This stuff really boils my blood!!! If I caught anyone doing this to anyone, i would give the little shyte bag a right kick in the hole. I just don't understand the petty behaviour behind it. It's not in the same category as keying someones car, or nicking the badge, but it's still someone elses property, bought with hard earned cash (assuming the owner works). I don't know what to do about this. I think (but can't be sure) it's happening when the car is parked in my garden. I know they are only cheap and easily replaced, but the thought of grubby hands on my property kills me. Next in line is a flood light and cctv. That's it...my mind is made up!
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Thieving Cnuts...My dust caps AGAIN

Postby Kace » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:04 pm

It's kids taking them for their bikes. Had mine taken in Tesco once. Difficult to combat.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:44 pm

find the little pricks and rob them off their bikes. or put a bicycle chain around there back wheel, if they can be petty so can you. :|
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Mitsinut » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:57 pm

A Rottweiler is the only solution here!!! Better than Eircom phonewatch.....
Mitsinut
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Muad_dib77 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:05 am

Glue them on that'll learn them..

I have the same problem in my little 8 house estate.. the little scrotes nabbed the shiny ones off the vectra - so I've replaced them with the bugly black plastic ones, this far they've left them alone.

I haven't seen them on any of the bikes they jam about on so I'm thinking there's either some "trading" going on, or we're dealing with a collector situation..
..I'd love to collar one of them..I have a fair idea which one it might well be too..

Grrrr..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby goz_83 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:45 am

Haha. It's frustrating, but kind of funny. Even if you catch them, there's not exactly a lot that can be done. It's not like they can be thrown in jail. Just yesterday I saw 4 kids passing slowly by the garden. 2 of them walked in, looking at the car and I noticed their eyes were in the wheels, not the car. 3 of them were wheeling bikes so I ran oun to check the bikes and nothin! They can't be that stupid to nick em and come back to the scene of the crime so soon with the evidence. The last one only cost me about €6. But I bet loads of people buy theirs in Halfords and they cost €18. I checked yesterday. It's a horrible mentality that some kids/teens have and it too often comes down to parents not giving a fcuk where their kids are, who with and what they're doing.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:28 am

its a crap world, I heard 2 7 year olds tell my son "we can do what we want because the police are not allowed send children to jail" This mentality when the are this young is just wrong and I am sure will follow them into their teenage years..
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Postby optical illusion » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:25 pm

You could do so many things with those caps, glue was metioned, I'm sure there are lots of other things you could do!
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Came out to the car yesterday and 1 of the valve caps was missing. They were all on pretty tight, but one was taken, so i'm guessing there was a disturbance. As I probably mentioned, they come on packs of 5, but I had already used the spare 2 caps from the previous packs, so i'm left with 3 caps and no spares :cry:

I ordered another set from Ebay, so that's another €5+ i've had to waste! I will only have to use one of the 5, so I will have a full set of 4 as spares. After ordering the set, I decided to check out the anti-theft ones. I had the grub screw type before but when they were stolen the feckers damaged the valve thread removing them. I had brand new tyres put on, so decided not to go down that route again. Instead, I have ordered those spinning valve caps that need a cylinder key to remove. They are a bit more expensive, but should be alot less likely to be taken. They are covered with a sleeve that spins when someone tries to remove the caps. It would be more genius if the access hole came with a removeable plug to cover, but they should work just fine. Call me vain, but i hate the standard plastic dust caps.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/RICHBROOK-SPINNI ... 179wt_1159
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Sounds to me like a mod thats more trouble than its worth in terms of cost and stress - unless of course you get more stressed out by the look of OEM black caps! Once bitten, twice shy - I''d be sticking to the originals for an easy life.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goz_83 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:05 pm

I would say the stress of looking at oem caps is low level, but even they get nicked eventually....according to a few posts i've read on other forums. wouldn't really notice them tbh, but it would bother me more to think that i can't have nice valve caps, because some little sprog will nick them.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:38 pm

CJ wrote:Sounds to me like a mod thats more trouble than its worth in terms of cost and stress - unless of course you get more stressed out by the look of OEM black caps! Once bitten, twice shy - I''d be sticking to the originals for an easy life.

+1 - you'll always lose them at some stage - pesky kids are everywhere these days !!

I have been back to the regular black for many years now.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Off Topic