Honda Accord Euro R

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

Honda Accord Euro R

Postby Mustang » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:42 pm

What do people think of the Euro R (I am referring to the CL7 chassis '03 onwards). Bucket seats, 2l 220bhp engine with 6 speed gear box, looks like a nice package especially in blue.
Anybody driven one, opinions please?
Accord Euro R
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:56 pm

It would be on my radar if I was looking for a 4door saloon - Its quick - handles well and looks well (Q car style) with the inbuilt reliability of Honda.

Haven't driven the latest model but if its anything like the previous model then its a hoot.

Theres not a lot out there to challenge it really if you are looking for a quick Jap Q car with 4 doors. You'd have to go Euro with a 156 GTA or similar.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:29 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:Theres not a lot out there to challenge it really if you are looking for a quick Jap Q car with 4 doors.

Galant VR-4 perhaps? :)

I passed a Euro R (in blue, didn't catch) the other day and I must say, it looks better in the pictures! To some degree, thats part and parcel of the Q-car \ sleeper look but I was expecting more in terms of road presence.

If I was in the market for one, I'd definetely import - they tend to be overpriced locally.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:56 pm

CJ wrote:
Myfeckin FTO wrote:Theres not a lot out there to challenge it really if you are looking for a quick Jap Q car with 4 doors.

Galant VR-4 perhaps? :)

I passed a Euro R (in blue, didn't catch) the other day and I must say, it looks better in the pictures! To some degree, thats part and parcel of the Q-car \ sleeper look but I was expecting more in terms of road presence.

If I was in the market for one, I'd definetely import - they tend to be overpriced locally.

CJ

I would have put the VR4 in the same boat as the Lecacy B4 Turbos - Turboed 4WD monsters with visual presence as opposed to a FWD high revving NA engined Q machine. But I take your point - they're likely to be at similar money and have 4 doors but the running costs of the turbos will IMO put it out of Accord Type R territory. Not sure that a guy that is considering an Accord Type R would be in the market for the VR4/B4
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Muad_dib77 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:09 pm

Sat in a Euro R the other day - nice place to be. Bucket seats makes the car feel sportier than it looks. Very roomy as well.

There's a Euro R (older shape) in use as a taxi as well - testament to the reliability..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby Mustang » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:22 pm

I was driving my accord the other day, very comfy and spacious as it is. The 2l with 155bhp, does not sound like much but it has a very decent turn of pace, especially at motorway speeds.
Anyway the thought occured to me..If I could have the interior of the exec accord (leather +all the toys) with the engine of the Euro R, that would be a nice combination 8)
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Honda Accord Euro R

Postby CJ » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Old thread revival - I've been looking at CL7 Euro R's of late, they certainly seem to be holding their price considering the market (I can't fathom why to be honest). €15k will get you an early (2003) car, I would have expected this to have dropped more in the current climate.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby adrian » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:46 pm

I seriously considered one before I bought the RX8. I think they look super and the VTEC 2L is a great unit. It's the same engine unit as in the Teg DC5 as far as I know... which is a super unit. I would not rule it out if I am changing the RX8... great car in my opinion!

There are only a couple for sale on CarZon at the moment... they used to be more common I thought.... but I would import one if I was to get one.
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Dragonheart » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:55 pm

Stunning car, seem to be getting quite popular too. Dont know what the price range in comparison is but I quite like the Civic FD2 as well, not sure if it would be considered in the same league as the Euro R but its rare and its a good car. Think the hp is 225? To look from the front its very like the DC5 Integra with the lights and the front mouldings, but I think it has a subtle while aggresive look to it.

The Euro R has the same K20A engine as the DC5 but I would imagine slightly more weight as well, not much though.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Japanese Performance