Clanking Noise In Rear

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Clanking Noise In Rear

Postby goz_83 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:47 am

I've noticed the past couple of days a bit of a knocking sound in the rear. Sounds almost like the exhast is clicking off something, but the exhaust seems to be tight and held securely by the rubber harnesses. Seems to happen when i'm turning out of the drive way, or coming around a bit of a bumpy turn. I'm thinking bushings need replacing?
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Clanking Noise In Rear

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Don't think its that long ago that those ARB bushes and drop links were done although they don't usually last more than a couple of years in any case.

Def check the exhaust - move it from side to side and see if you can recreate the noise - I reckon this is the more likely culprit. Perhaps a couple of tie-binds to secure/tighten the exhaust on the mountings would be beneficial.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Clanking Noise In Rear

Postby goz_83 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:51 pm

Yeah I will check that tomorrow so.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical