Guess whos back!!!

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Guess whos back!!!

Postby Daz » Thu May 26, 2016 12:45 am

Hello ireland!!
Ok i've not come back to ireland, and i doubt there are many owners on here from when i was a regular. I can't believe its been about 12 years since i left... but believe it of not i still own an FTO well 2 actually (the second an abandoned project car for evo 3 turbo conversion, kids are bloody expensive :-》) but i Still own the second one i ever bought, the one i had when i left ireland, its been off the road 7-8years thou... kids had to get a family car etc but have been getting nostalgic of late so have decided its going back on the road. So i hope to be popping back on here from time to time when the bug really kicks in.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Re: Guess whos back!!!

Postby goz_83 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:31 am

Welcome to your midlife crisis :lol:

Bernard and Kace are here regularly. Sebastian too as well as a few "new" names. It's a bit quieter, but the info is just as good as always.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Thu May 26, 2016 11:15 am

goz_83 wrote:Welcome to your midlife crisis :lol:

Bernard and Kace are here regularly. Sebastian too as well as a few "new" names. It's a bit quieter, but the info is just as good as always.

Cheers, your probably right about midlife crisis :D
I remember a few names from when i was a regular there was cj ofcourse, kevinod a couple of guys from kildare dave was one was the other steelrod i think...hummmm?? Or was he from elsewhere? Man my brain is fried... oh and bullit was a regular..then there was agent provocator... lovely lady... dam who else.. come on brain think..... yep midlife crisis.... brain not up ta much...
Don't know if i'll be the post monster i was back in the day.. but i still have a few bits on knowledge and insight ratteling around up there if the brain will let it out.. thou i might have so start a new thread for some help myself as most of the websites and links i can remember are either gone or not updated in years as i found out this morning. But i look forward to getting back into the game.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby Bernard » Thu May 26, 2016 8:26 pm

Welcome back Daz, things are a lot quieter than you'll remember.
But, as I've been saying for a while now I think FTOs are due a comeback (albeit as classics) and I'll take your presence as a sign that I'm right :smt006
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kace » Thu May 26, 2016 11:35 pm

I remember you Daz. I'm still here - some things never change.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Thu May 26, 2016 11:48 pm

Bernard wrote:Welcome back Daz, things are a lot quieter than :D you'll remember.
But, as I've been saying for a while now I think FTOs are due a comeback (albeit as classics) and I'll take your presence as a sign that I'm right :smt006

A pity really when i was a regular there were at least 50 posts a day.... mostly be me to be fair :D :D
Daz

Postby Daz » Thu May 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Kace wrote:I remember you Daz. I'm still here - some things never change.

Holy crap kace i remember ya mate ....ohhh see your signature at bottom of your post would have to be a toss up between you and me for longest FTO ownership ...would be interesting to find someone longer than us old farts eh!!
I can only think of one person in the world to beat us good old jackie chan!!
Daz

Postby Kace » Sun May 29, 2016 11:37 pm

Daz wrote:
Kace wrote:I remember you Daz. I'm still here - some things never change.

Holy crap kace i remember ya mate ....ohhh see your signature at bottom of your post would have to be a toss up between you and me for longest FTO ownership ...would be interesting to find someone longer than us old farts eh!!
I can only think of one person in the world to beat us good old jackie chan!!

What about the famous John Jones - any idea whether he still has an FTO, wherever he is now.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Mon May 30, 2016 11:01 pm

Kace wrote:
What about the famous John Jones - any idea whether he still has an FTO, wherever he is now.

Ohhh are we talking Jon Jones... the creator of the FTOOC
. I haven't got a clue been out of the game for too long but if he still is an owner he would have me beat... he bought his in 1997 if i recall correctly and started the FTOOC in 98/99 i think
Daz

Return to Introduce yourself