48 months, new mobile network

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

48 months, new mobile network

Postby colm_mcm » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:25 pm

Anyone here apply for a sim from these?

€10 for a months free mobile calls and texts and 20 mins to landlines (3000 mins, 5000 texts)

Have an age restriction of 18-22 but apparently it's not enforced

run by Telefonica (who run O2 and tesco mobile) and like any virtual network is on 089

Might give it a shot.

http://www.48months.ie/

All seems above board, for €10 a month, no direct debit or anything, what could go wrong?
colm_mcm

Re: 48 months, new mobile network

Postby goz_83 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:37 pm

colm_mcm wrote:All seems above board, for €10 a month, no direct debit or anything, what could go wrong?

and there's the golden question. :)
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:41 pm

I get the impression customer service will be non existent, but really, how much customer service do you need on a prepay phone, I've been on bill pay for about 10 years, seriously reconsidering now.
colm_mcm

Postby holio » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:21 am

Was in the pub sunday and we debated this and weather it would be any good.
Unfortuntately i do not remember the outcome of it :(
The ONLY 95GR in shocking red with these specific faults.
holio
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:32 am

I used to work in mobile comms and take it from me; if it's any good, you will hear plenty of good things about it in a few months. Until then, I wouldn't be transferring my number over. I have also been on bill pay for 10 years and it's shocking that pay as you go customers get better deals than billpay customers, unless you want a top quality phone subsidised.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:00 am

I'd be planning on running both side by side for a while. Me missus has loads of old basic Nokia phones around the place.
colm_mcm

Postby optical illusion » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:32 am

I signed up recently to meteors €15 offer, it's full of win. 200 mins and texts, free 085 calls and texts and 1GB of data.

Pains me to pay them as used to work for them but sure, how could you go wrong with that price!
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:36 am

Meteor are charging me way more than that on bill. Must sort that out. They still doing that offer?
colm_mcm

Postby goz_83 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:50 am

I'm lucky at the moment. I have e-mobile 50% discount. €35 euro for unlimited calls, texts and 15GB data. I also worked for Meteor. I was their top residential business developer, selling an average of 50 contracts per week. The muppets in the shops caused us countless problems and with an average staff of 4 people per store per day, they could barely sell one new contract per store per day.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby holio » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:08 am

Suppose it really depends on your situation.
Im vodafone with free calls and texts to vodafone.
90% of people i text or ring on a regular basis are with vodafone so i do actually struggle to spend my 20euro credit every month. It usually is spent on data for the days in work im truly uber lazy and do nothing.
The ONLY 95GR in shocking red with these specific faults.
holio
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:17 am

holio wrote:It usually is spent on data for the days in work im truly uber lazy and do nothing.

Public servant? :smt005
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby d_dan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:40 am

I cant see how that network is going to do anything. I dont mean 48months but 02.
the network is hugely congested at this stage.

meteor (from the midlands to the west)
o2
tesco
28months
just mobile

all using the same cell's
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:21 am

Does anyone actually use 'just mobile' though?

My OH is on O2 and it seems fine for voice anyway.
colm_mcm

Postby goz_83 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:39 am

I've never been on O2, but I know they have a well maintained network and their customer care are somewhat decent. One gripe I do have with them is my brother signed up two contracts. One 18 month and 12 month. When he went to upgrade the 12 month, they told him that both were on an 18 month contract. I was there and I know that was not the case but he lost the contract. He only got the 12 month one because there was a 32" tv on the deal and the phone was rubbish, so he gave it to his missus. What's laughable is that the car phone warehouse had that contract as a pay as you go phone on their system. Messed up
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby d_dan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Colm as far as I know Just have finished,

goz_83 wrote: What's laughable is that the car phone warehouse had that contract as a pay as you go phone on their system. Messed up

thats a clear case of a sales rep taking the phone for himself.
I bet your pro didnt get a phone that was all that expensive so they signed him up o an 18 month contract took the ACE phone that they were getting for free like an iphone or galaxy or something and bought your brother a prepay phone!

I bet if you ring o2 ask em for the registered IMEI on the account and go into a Carphone warehouse with it it'll pull up a smartphone sold by the original sales rep.
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:04 pm

That thought never even crossed my mind. I don't think that's what happened though, because part of the deal was a crap phone on a 12 month contract and you get a 32" tv. They never kept the contract, so it's their own fault.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mcgon1979 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:58 am

Some good deals there. Im out of contract but with 02. €42 a month for 200 texts (plus 200 web texts used via cabbage app) plus 10mms and 150mins, but with unlimited data. I use mostly data.
Most new packages offer 500mb per month or 1500mb per month. I use at least 2500mb per month. I also buy my own phones so dont care about subsudized offers. I cant remeber how I got releaaed from my contract. Some thing on boards.ie. advised some breach of eu law. Lol. Said what to say to them. Rang up, and out if my 18month contract a minute later. Lol.
Ma olen kaine!
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby optical illusion » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:00 pm

goz_83 wrote:I'm lucky at the moment. I have e-mobile 50% discount. €35 euro for unlimited calls, texts and 15GB data. I also worked for Meteor. I was their top residential business developer, selling an average of 50 contracts per week. The muppets in the shops caused us countless problems and with an average staff of 4 people per store per day, they could barely sell one new contract per store per day.

Yeah I was on the emobile staff cover up until recently. Worst job I've ever had, dunno how I stuck it so long. The Eircom recovery plan was the straw that broke this camel's back!

That offer ended Feb Colm, but if you can hold out on a sim only contract it'll prob pop up again in the summer, it always does.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:02 am

optical illusion wrote:
goz_83 wrote:I'm lucky at the moment. I have e-mobile 50% discount. €35 euro for unlimited calls, texts and 15GB data. I also worked for Meteor. I was their top residential business developer, selling an average of 50 contracts per week. The muppets in the shops caused us countless problems and with an average staff of 4 people per store per day, they could barely sell one new contract per store per day.

Yeah I was on the emobile staff cover up until recently. Worst job I've ever had, dunno how I stuck it so long. The Eircom recovery plan was the straw that broke this camel's back!

That offer ended Feb Colm, but if you can hold out on a sim only contract it'll prob pop up again in the summer, it always does.

So we both worked for Eircom at one stage. Us poor souls
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:13 am

I also used to work for Eircom.
colm_mcm

Postby optical illusion » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Maybe we should change this to the eircom-ireland.com :D
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:19 am

optical illusion wrote:Maybe we should change this to the eircom-ireland.com :D

I would insist on being deregistered and would say "decma".
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Off Topic