Phenolic inlet manifold gasket

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Phenolic inlet manifold gasket

Postby paullen » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:29 am

I'm doing a group buy over on the UK forum. :D If we can get a few people on here who want them I can include you on the UK group buy. So if 10 people on here want one and 20 people on the UK site I'll be able to do the lot for the 30 group buy price.

http://www.ftooc.org/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 530#374530

I am doing a group buy on some Phenolic inlet manifold gaskets. These help prevent heat transfer from the block to the inlet manifold.

They fit all the FTO V6 range (GR, GX,GPX,GPVR)

As yet I have no figure as to how much cooler the inlet manifold runs with the gasket, I have fitted one to my GX and it keeps the manifold cool enough to touch after a spirited drive, although on the rolling road it did still get very warm. The only other mod that will need doing is the throttle body bypass, but this will be included it the 'how to'. Gizzmo sell similar gaskets for £48, but to my knowledge don't do one for the FTO.

Fitting is fairly easy, Vince will be along in the next week or so with a 'how to'.

The group buy breakdown is as follows;

2off - £50 ea
10off - £45 ea
20off - £35 ea
30off - £32 ea
40off - £30 ea
50off - £25 ea

Delivery time should be 2-3 weeks from the group buy end.
1997 FTO GX Aero
Brembos, Custom Induction kit, Toad alarm, front and rear strut braces, Halo fogs, EL dials, EVO enkeis, lowered, Apexi N1 exhuast, denso iridium plugs, battery in the boot, clear repeaters...need I go on?
www.all-torque.co.uk
paullen
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby CJ » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:51 am

Dave, you've some competition from Paullen by the looks of things ;)
Any indication on the price of the RPW gaskets?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:03 pm

Still waiting on prices unfortunately! :cry:

but at the end of the day whoever provides it it's a decent mod for the FTO's so everyone benefits!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby paullen » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:46 pm

To be honest I was going to buy the RPW ones, but when nothing came of them I went off and made my own.

It was the Honda guys that got me thinking about these. Its not quite as effective on the FTO as the honda CRX due to the way the intake manifold runs over the top of the rear half of the engine, but every little helps!
1997 FTO GX Aero
Brembos, Custom Induction kit, Toad alarm, front and rear strut braces, Halo fogs, EL dials, EVO enkeis, lowered, Apexi N1 exhuast, denso iridium plugs, battery in the boot, clear repeaters...need I go on?
www.all-torque.co.uk
paullen
Unleaded
Unleaded

Return to For Sale