Hey Everyone (Western Australia FTO Owner)

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Hey Everyone (Western Australia FTO Owner)

Postby illmotion » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Hey everyone my name is Steve, i been browsing FTO Irish/Aus since i got my Black Mivec GPX FTO 96 then finally decided why not let sign up. I am a WA Owner

i am also in the aus fto club but decided to sign up on here as well to get more of vary of information and different views from different owners the more the merrier :D

it still a work in progress but here a some pictures :) (out dated photos stock rims a back on)

-DJ Steve
illmotion
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Re: Hey Everyone (Western Australia FTO Owner)

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:32 pm

:wel

The rims in the pics look class. Did the ex-owner keep em? Curious....how much did the gpx cost you and what needs to be done with her?
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby StewyD32 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:09 pm

:smt006 welcome to the club.
What's the FTO scene over there like. I'm heading over there and was half toying with the idea of shipping it over when I'm settled in. Otherwise it'll go into storage which would be a shame.

Welcome to the club anyway
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby optical illusion » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Nice. I have 2 friends living in Perth.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:13 pm

I'd say at the rate people are leaving the country we all know people living in most areas of Oz! :D
Nice shiny looking FTO by the way.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby illmotion » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:23 am

thanks for the warm welcomes :)

i still got those rims looking to sell them haha doesn't really suit my taste, got my stock on back on at the moment for now, the car it self set me back $4000 unlicenced but have done work to it so total be around $6000 now

also got new steering wheel but waiting on passing PITS before i throw all those on and installing my I.C.E

otherwise the rest is just small fixes and etc

2012 (More recent work)
1. Blue Carbon Fibre Interior Wrap
2. Veliside Front Bar
3. Rim Re-Spray + Blue Nuts

What been done so far since i bought the FTO

1. Lukey Perfomance exhaust
2. Front Sway bar
3. Air Pod
4. HID head lights
5. Audi R8 style LED strip in headlight
6. Speedometer cluster, clock and voltmeter EL glow dials
7. Exedy Heavy duty clutch

-
1. Timing belt
2. Water Pump
3. Car battery
4. All 4 disc brakes rotors, pads
5. Platinum Spark plugs

in regards to the FTO Scene in Perth it pretty rare you only see about 1-2 FTO's a week on the street but i have heard Eastern States of Australia have a bigger FTO Scene

i am not sure how much shipping from where your at to Australia would cost if it price i would say buy a another one in Australia they going for pretty cheap now, but then again it your pride and joy would be sad parting ways with it
illmotion
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby Dragonheart » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:46 am

Was thinking that was around the price of them all right, there was a link on the site a few weeks ago showing one at around AUS$12,000, but I thought that was a seriously over inflated price. A lot of FTO's on the east coast from what I gather and the scene is still pretty large, even bearing in mind that a lot of owners aren't part of the FTO Australia site.
There used be an FTO WA site, don't know if thats still going though?
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby illmotion » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:03 pm

$12000 is way to over priced
for the listing in perth i have seen nothing has pass 10k AUD if it under 100,000km, bit more cheaper over east coast since they have more of them over there
http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehi ... Z350736890 previous UK owner maybe?
FTO WA site has died since 08-09 haha such a shame
only one left is the Aus FTO club even on there, only about 5 WA members still active, but plenty of eastern state FTOs members
illmotion
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby goz_83 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Still more expensive there. Strange I guess with prices in Ireland being cheaper, but then we have massively over inflated insurance premiums. I just put anodised blue nuts on my rims yesterday and new blue Mitsubishi centre caps, which look the business.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby illmotion » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:34 pm

Yeah i think most fto in the world probably be in Ireland haha, how much a your third party covers and full cover? i am dying with insurance over here wonder how bad it is over there.

Nice! good choice, you still rolling in your stock rims?
illmotion
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby goz_83 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:41 pm

Insurance I have for just over €800 fully comp. there is little difference with tpft. I'm 28 with full no claims living in the capital. Many people my age and older are paying double that. Insurance here is a joke.

I don't like the stock rims. I'm on 17" Kahns. Will be getting them returned and sprayed Gold soon. White was and still is an option. Previous to me owning it, my fto can be seen in a few videos on this site. It's also one of the cars on the home page :)
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby illmotion » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:02 pm

Full Comp for me in WA is about €2588 only 2 company would accept my FTO and my age (19) so i have to stick with third party insurance which is already about $600 :cry:

insurance here for your age would be quite the same as over there.

i will browser for the videos and check it out haha (:
illmotion
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby goz_83 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:47 pm

At 19, the chances are that you would not get insured here on an fto. At 19, I was driving a 3 year old Opel Astra and was paying €4,700 tpft. In saying that, it was my 1st car insurance and was on a provisional, but it was only a 1.4 and is considered to be a family car. Dropped to €2,700 in year two and €1,700 in year three. I then had a company car for a year and since returning to a private car (i moved to a 318iSE auto. My insurance has been under €1000 every time fully comp. When renewing my fto insurance, I will likely drop to tpft. I only went fully comp, to get my insurance cheaper, believe it or not. A confusing tale I can't tell. But suffice to say, it would have been a good bit more if I went the normal route and phoned the insurers rather than see them face to face.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:54 pm

Presume insurance is still optional over there though isn't it? I know NZ was talking of making it compulsory but don't know if it came around.
Was that fully comp quote you got €2588 or AUS$2588?
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby illmotion » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:18 pm

Dragonheart wrote:Presume insurance is still optional over there though isn't it? I know NZ was talking of making it compulsory but don't know if it came around.
Was that fully comp quote you got €2588 or AUS$2588?

fully comp quote was €2588 so roughly ($3000ish AUD) shop around but only SGIO and justcar (covers aftermarket mods) insurance would accept FTO's (Imports)

yeah insurance is optional, rego also cover some kind of government third party insurance for deaths i think?

i had a hyundai excel before my fto for about 1 week hahaha, how does insurance go about imported cars over there?
€4,700 that is INSANE cost more then my FTO, but now your pricing seem bit more decent :) do you have the excess claim "business" over there? or is it just a Australia thing?
illmotion
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby goz_83 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:23 pm

yeah we have excesses too. You can click it up to try get cheaper rates
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby illmotion » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:26 pm

taking it pass pits tomorrow just got my windscreen replaced today which cost me $300 AUD best quote i could find in Perth

wish my car luck! :D
illmotion
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Return to Introduce yourself