Insurance Companies

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Insurance Companies

Postby Diddler » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:27 pm

Will Ireland ever be opened up to outside insurance companies?
Diddler
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dave » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:59 pm

some are coming in but it'll be a slow process, but insurance premiums are coming down, even though it's hard to imagine!!
if you're ever stuck for a quote or need any kind of insurance give our office a bell, 4033700.....
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Insurance Companies

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:04 pm

Diddler wrote:Will Ireland ever be opened up to outside insurance companies?

Talk to me about it - My insurance is up next week and the only company that will reinsure me is the one I'm with at the moment (Hibernian) for 1700Euros TPF&T. I've never had an accident or claim in 15years of driving - I've just turned 32 and I've been insured in a succession of high performance cars - yet still have to pay serious bucks for TPF&T.

I've been insured with companies such as Alliance and St. Pauls in the past but they won't requote me in the FTO (despite already been insured through St Pauls for 2 years with an FTO for 2000-2001).

Sounds like a monopoly to me! :evil:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:11 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:the only company that will reinsure me is the one I'm with at the moment (Hibernian) for 1700Euros TPF&T. I've never had an accident or claim in 15years of driving - I've just turned 32 and I've been insured in a succession of high performance cars - yet still have to pay serious bucks for TPF&T.

MFFTO, that doesn't sound right at all, I'd give Daves office a call and see what can be done there...

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:52 am

Myfeckin FTO wrote:
Diddler wrote:Will Ireland ever be opened up to outside insurance companies?

Talk to me about it - My insurance is up next week and the only company that will reinsure me is the one I'm with at the moment (Hibernian) for 1700Euros TPF&T.

Ouch - mine went down to 800 with Quinn Direct this year - age 30 with 5 yrs NCD.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:27 pm

I've been insured with companies such as Alliance and St. Pauls in the past but they won't requote me in the FTO (despite already been insured through St Pauls for 2 years with an FTO for 2000-2001).

That seems strange :?
I am 26. 3yrs NCB. Full licence.
The main companies offering cover, through brokers, were St. Pauls, Lloyds & ARB (all silly quotes).
First broker offered cover with LLoyds ~€3k, same price for all FTO models. When I asked if St.Pauls were offering a quote I was told yes, but the figure was ~€4.5k.
About a month later I rang O'Reilly Cullen.
They offered cover with ARB for ~€2.5k. I understand that they do not deal with LLoyds, but they also offered a quote with St.Pauls ~€3.1k.

So in the space of a month I had gotten two quotes from two different brokers, for cover with the same company (St.Pauls) with a price difference of ~€1400........CRAZY :o

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Motor Insurance