2006 Eclipse

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

2006 Eclipse

Postby CJ » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:25 am

Check it out, the screensaver is worth downloading as well.

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/06eclipse

Screensaver

I much prefer the lines of this model over previous versions (even though this is probably gonna be a US market only car). A 3.8L V6 MIVEC has gotta be good, mind you, the engineers only managed to push out 263bhp which is kinda disapointing considering the displacement.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:47 pm

Nice looking car - a touch of Nissan 350z to the side profile.

Pity they didn't get more out of the 3.8 V6 though...
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Mon May 23, 2005 9:13 am

There's a write up on the eclipse in the current edition of autocar. The FTO even gets a mention! Generally positive although they said it's not a contender with the RX8 or 350Z. That said it doesn't compete on price either at $25 to $30K, (£13.5 to £16k stg) it's closer in pricing to the hyundai coupe -i know which one I'd rather have :wink:

Shane wrote
Pity they didn't get more out of the 3.8 V6 though...

A sentiment shared in the article. However I'd imagine a lazy engine like that would respond well to tuning modifications.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: 2006 Eclipse

Postby kevinod » Mon May 23, 2005 10:50 am

CJ wrote:I much prefer the lines of this model over previous versions (even though this is probably gonna be a US market only car). A 3.8L V6 MIVEC has gotta be good, mind you, the engineers only managed to push out 263bhp which is kinda disapointing considering the displacement.

I prefer the look of the old one myself, this new one has lost its distinctiveness that the old one had. Front is kinda anonymous, has a touch of the Ford Mustang about it.

I'd like to hear a 3.8L MIVEC roar, that'd be sweet I reckon!

Well presented site though, takes a min to load but nicely done!

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Re: 2006 Eclipse

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon May 23, 2005 12:01 pm

kevinod wrote: ....Front is kinda anonymous, has a touch of the Ford Mustang about it.....Kev.

Read this article as well - and have to say the car looks like a new Ford Cougar rather than anything remotely related to an FTO.
Mitsubishi really dropped the ball when they didn't come up with a suitable successor to the FTO.

The FTO is a far better looking car. The new Eclipse car looks like a car designed solely with the US market in mind - big cubic capacity - lazy engine - US car looks.

Hope they don't release this car in Ireland or the UK - it will bomb against an RX8 or 350Z which it will undoubtedly be priced against.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Japanese Performance