New FTO owner

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

New FTO owner

Postby jay-75 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi, I'm the new owner of a 95 imported white Mivec FTO and am in need of a little help. My rear brake lights come on with the ingnition? i have unclipped the connector at the rear of the brake switch and they still stay on? I did have an issue with the selca alarm which I have now removed as it kept going off as the interior light flickers on and off, dont know if these problems are related or not but any help would be great. Apart from these little issues the cars great.
Thanks
Jay
jay-75

Re: New FTO owner

Postby Dilogoat86 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:42 pm

Hey Jay, welcome to the forums!

Sounds like there's a little bit of a wiring issue there. If you're handy with a wiring diagram you can get the wiring manual and trace some cables and see what's missing or what's different.
Currently in my collection:
'98 Toyota Starlet...
'79 Mini Clubman 1380cc ~100BHP (I hope)
'79 BMW 728
Dilogoat86
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby colm_mcm » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:03 pm

I'd put money on in being an alarm fault.
colm_mcm

Postby jay-75 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. I will introduce myself and car a bit better once I have the time just been a bit busy recenlty!! dont think its an alarm issue as I have completly removed it now, but i think the issue is something to do with the fact that my brake lights come on when I push the brake pedal without the keys in the ignition, I believe this is the case for all FTO's but there is a short electrical buzzing everytime I puh on the brakes or urn the ignition on????? and ideas. Not sure if there linked in anyway but my interior light liker on and off at the moment as well.
It may have a couple of issues but it does make me smile.
jay-75

Return to Introduce yourself