Quote from AXA made me LOL

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Quote from AXA made me LOL

Postby pergau » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:59 pm

I've just got a renewal from Allianz for €911 Full comp, I'm late 30s (very late) and have a full NCB etc

I thought I'd ring around to see what I could get and Axa, who insured the car until last year, have just quoted me €5,600. I forgot to ask if it was third party.

Muppets.
pergau
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Re: Quote from AXA made me LOL

Postby kevinod » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:39 pm

pergau wrote:I've just got a renewal from Allianz for €911 Full comp, I'm late 30s (very late) and have a full NCB etc

I thought I'd ring around to see what I could get and Axa, who insured the car until last year, have just quoted me €5,600. I forgot to ask if it was third party.

Muppets.

Heh, 5600... they should have been too embarrassed to even say what the quote was!! No shame, thats the problem with Irish insurance, the companies have no shame whatsoever.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Re: Quote from AXA made me LOL

Postby soc » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:26 pm

pergau wrote:I've just got a renewal from Allianz for €911 Full comp, I'm late 30s (very late) and have a full NCB etc

Muppets.

That's f**king crazy - I've a mate, 31 with 6 years NCB and he's paying €5,000 fully comp on a Ferrari F355 with unlimited milage!

Incidently I went with Axa this year because it was the best combination of quote, good customer service (maybe that's only cause I'm a new customer), ease of use and policy conditions. I'm 30 with 5 yrs NCB and I'm paying €1000 fully comp with protected NCB - also NCB is not affected for any claim that results from fire or theft.

I think this is just a classic example of the FTO's (crazy) high rating with insurance companies.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:01 pm

Pergau.
Like I said in a previous post AXA gave me the single most expensive quote I have ever gotten on any car. FTO GPX they wanted €5k don't remember if that was 3rd party or comp, not that it matters.
It's a real f@~k off quote. Maybe if you pressed then they would come up with a more realistic figure.

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Motor Insurance