Quinn direct FTO issue

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Quinn direct FTO issue

Postby Mustang » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:46 pm

Hi to all! I'm new to the site but have been on the lookout for an FTO for a while now. I had a similar experience to Mike and Viper. Was all set to buy an FTO last dec. Got an online quote ~€1500 rang up to confirm and was to told, point blank, that they wouldn't honour it. :evil:
Now as Davefla said the FTO is gone off the quinn site completey. :o
This is a pity as their rates seem much lower than others.
Just today I got quotes on similar (sort of) cars.
Nissan 200sx turbo €1503 3rd party F&T.
Honda prelude 2.2Vtec €1753 3rd party F&T
Toyota MR2 $1403 3rd party F&T.
Has anyone an update on the quinn direct FTO issue? Has anyone gotten cover with them recently :?:
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Viper » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:06 pm

I guess this is too late for you to bring up now, but an insurance company is required by law to honour all quotes. By definition, a quote is an agreement on their part to commit to the terms of your request. That is how I managed to get my quote of them at the time...
Viper
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby CJ » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:49 pm

Mustang, as Viper said, they should have honored the online quote, you could have put them under pressure to do so at the time.
Before Christmas, QD decided that they weren't going to cover FTOs from that point on, the thing is that they didn't sync this policy with the removal of the model from their online quote system.

As it stands, they can rightfully refuse to cover a marque if they see fit and theres not a whole lot the public can do about it.

Give Daves office a ring and see what sort of quote they'll offer, their number is contained in this post.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Motor Insurance