What got you into FTOs?

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

What got you into FTOs?

Postby Bernard » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:58 am

I posted this on the Club's Facebook Page recently but I'm curious to see the response here.
For me it was a friend who told me about FTOs back in 2003, I did a google search and found this image on the now defunct www.mitsubishi-fto.org.

Shortly after I found the Forum and a quick four years after that I finally bought one :roll:

Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What got you into FTOs?

Postby goz_83 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:29 pm

For me, it was purely accidental. I had gone from driving a 3-series to a bongo to a lwb hi roof transit. When liquidating the building company I had set up, I realised that transits were advertised as frequently as 1 each 3 minutes in Dublin. So i decided a swap would be best. On Done Deal, i typed, "swap for van" into the search bar. I contacted 3 people about it and the first reply was where I got my fto from. The guy got a bargain and I got an addiction. It was a 95 tip gr in A34 silver. A few days later, I bought a 94 gr from Gerry and when that was rear ended, i got my 97 manual gpx and poured thousands into her. Love it!

The 94 GR

97 GPX
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby optical illusion » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:03 am

Saw one in 1st year in uni, didn't know what they were really and how much they cost but decided I was getting one and that was it. It's been love ever since, have mine 6 years now.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ryanmck14 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Funny enough i first saw the cars playing gran turismo on the ps1.
Loved the style and said id buy one some day for real.
About 10 years after that and having just broke up with a long term girlfriend i got a silver 95 gpx auto. It was lovely car and much less of a headache to maintain than her haha.
ryanmck14
1st gear
1st gear

Postby d_dan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:08 pm

I first spotted the site through my feckin on racers heaven years ago. Then was actually the community here that made my decision.
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Wagalini » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:15 am

I got into then through Gran Turismo 1 as well. I loved their look and the FTO Limited Edition was the best car in the game. Said I'd buy one when I could.

Wagalini
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby ottostreet » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:17 am

Gran Turismo 1. The 'LM Edition' was the best car in the game and I won pretty much everything with it (apart from the Super Speed Championship or whatever it was).

I remember it was the height of my racing game days, and I could never ever spin the FTO...it was like an attachment of me. I remember being really upset when, at last, I lost control at the Autumn Ring and ruined it. (I was 13 or so...shut up!)

Then GFalls bought one in real life, and I swore I'd get one. Bought a GPX when I was 21, loved it, sold it after my cousin was killed in a car crash, but went back to one a year later, have it still and love it! Ended up with a black Version R!
ottostreet
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby technikhaus » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:41 pm

Browsing TradeMe for sports cars under 5K and found one, always wanted one since then :)
1996 FTO GPX Manual in White with sunroof :D
technikhaus
Octane king
Octane king

Return to General FTO Discussion