Meet

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

Postby CJ » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:47 pm

HaLLioN wrote:Would u guys and gal mind if i tryed to make it down?.
I would like to meet u ppl.

Of course not, the more the merrier! Let us know if you intend coming down so as I have an approximate figure for karting.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HaLLioN » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:25 am

Thats cool thnxs when do u need to know m8 ?.
HaLLioN
HaLLioN
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:21 am

HaLLioN wrote:Thats cool thnxs when do u need to know m8 ?.

I want to look at booking the track this week so the sooner the better.
I'll post prices etc over the next few days.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:53 pm

OK folks, I've provisionaly booked Kart City for 3.30pm on Saturday the 26th of July. We'll be competing in a 'mini grand prix' which will involve a practice session, two heats and a final, the whole session will last about 45mins.

The price per person will be €36 and we need at least 10 people to compete. At present, I have the following names:

1. FTO Gal
2. Keville
3. Ciaran
4. Dave
5. Daz
6. Hallion
7. Shane

I will need to pay a 25% deposit at least a week beforehand to confirm so I'll wait until we get the figures up to do so. If we're short in the end, we can make it up with friends etc. For those closer to Dublin, we can organise to meet up a bit earlier, maybe somewhere on the southside of the M50 and get a tyre kicking session in followed by a convoy, we can decide on this at a later date. If you're names not listed below and you want to be included, add your name to this post.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:56 pm

i may not be available that weekend, i only found out recently that i'm off to france for a long weekend, i'll let you know asap.

dave
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:37 pm

CJ wrote:OK folks, I've provisionaly booked Kart City for 3.30pm on Saturday the 26th of July.

Ciaran

Hey Ciaran,

for a second there I though you were talking the 26th of June... :) I'm still a provisional as I don't know if I will be at a dry slope skiing race in the UK on that date - I'll find out pretty soon though. If not I'm on cause hopefully I'll be driving a V6 (of some description) by that stage....
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

the 26th

Postby mark » Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:25 pm

You have another victim for the 26th. :mrgreen:
mark
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby CJ » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:58 am

OK, we currently have 6 definites, c'mon guys!

1. FTO Gal
2. Keville
3. Ciaran
4. Daz
5. Hallion
6. Mark

If we don't get at least 10, we'll have to go for a run around the track as standard. I will need to pay a deposit next week so you have a few days left to decide.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keville » Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:49 pm

Yea come on guys it'll be a laugh and also nice to see so many fto's together,see what mods everybody has got...

Keville
keville
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:52 pm

i might be able to make it up for half an hour or so, doubt i'll be able to do the karting...
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:32 pm

I'm away in the States....only for that I would :(
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby soc » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:07 am

CJ wrote:OK, we currently have 6 definites, c'mon guys!

1. FTO Gal
2. Keville
3. Ciaran
4. Daz
5. Hallion
6. Mark

If we don't get at least 10, we'll have to go for a run around the track as standard. I will need to pay a deposit next week so you have a few days left to decide.

Ciaran

Hey Ciaran,

I won't be able to do the karting but will deffo try and get across for a short while before hand.

Cheers
Shane
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:41 am

shane wrote:Hey Ciaran,

I won't be able to do the karting but will deffo try and get across for a short while before hand.

Cheers
Shane

Fair enough Shane. We've had another drop out so there are only five names as it stands. It looks like we won't be able to set up the 'grand prix' with the numbers that we currently have, in other words, we just turn up and fly around the track a few times. If anyone has other ideas, let me know.

CIaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:43 am

CJ wrote:
Fair enough Shane. We've had another drop out so there are only five names as it stands. It looks like we won't be able to set up the 'grand prix' with the numbers that we currently have, in other words, we just turn up and fly around the track a few times. If anyone has other ideas, let me know.

CIaran

So what is the final story on this meet, where are we meeting up and at what time??

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby CJ » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:44 pm

Daz wrote:
CJ wrote:

CIaran

So what is the final story on this meet, where are we meeting up and at what time??

Daz...

Sorry about the delay in getting back on this I have been up to my eyes in work for a week solid. I'll post something tomorrow aas regards a meet up place, times details etc.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:17 pm

CJ wrote:
Sorry about the delay in getting back on this I have been up to my eyes in work for a week solid. I'll post something tomorrow aas regards a meet up place, times details etc.

Ciaran

Cheers bud
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby CJ » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:42 pm

OK guys, heres the plan for Saturday, theres a bit of driving involved but thats whats its all about!

Heres the list of attendess:

1. Keville
2. Ciaran
3. Daz
4. Hallion
5. Mark
6. Shane (possibly)
7. maybe one more

2.15pm: Meet up in the carpark of the Spawell Leisure complex off the
Tallaght Road in Templogue. For those of unfamiliar with the area, see the following map which is taken from the Tallaght exit off the M50 going southbound: http://www.fto-ireland.com/images/misc/spawell.jpg

2.45pm: After a bit ot tyre kicking/picture taking/general banter, we can head across the M50 for a spin to Kart City in Santry. The half hour session kicks off at 3.30pm but we need to be there at least 15mins beforehand. The price per person is €32.

4.15pm: Head off for another convoy over the M50 to eat, I'm proposing Browns Barn in Citywest but am open to suggestions.

If anyone wants to contact me about anything, send me a mail offlist and I will send you on my mobile no.

See you all on Saturday

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:02 pm

CJ wrote:OK guys, heres the plan for Saturday, theres a bit of driving involved but thats whats its all about!

1. Keville
2. Ciaran
3. Daz
4. Hallion
5. Mark
6. Shane (possibly)
7. maybe one more

Tallaght Road in Templogue. For those of unfamiliar with the area, see the following map which is taken from the Tallaght exit off the M50 going southbound: http://www.fto-ireland.com/images/misc/spawell.jpg

2.45pm: After a bit ot tyre kicking/picture taking/general banter, we can head across the M50 for a spin to Kart City in Santry. The half hour session kicks off at 3.30pm but we need to be there at least 15mins beforehand. The price per person is €32.

4.15pm: Head off for another convoy over the M50 to eat, I'm proposing Browns Barn in Citywest but am open to suggestions.

If anyone wants to contact me about anything, send me a mail offlist and I will send you on my mobile no.

See you all on Saturday

Ciaran

cheers for organising all this ciaran - if i'm able to make it i'll head straight out to kart city either before or after the karting session. i think i have your mobile so i'll let you know on the day.

cheers
shane
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:48 pm

Sweet see ye all there!!

Daz...

CJ wrote:OK guys, heres the plan for Saturday, theres a bit of driving involved but thats whats its all about!

1. Keville
2. Ciaran
3. Daz
4. Hallion
5. Mark
6. Shane (possibly)
7. maybe one more

See you all on Saturday

Ciaran
Daz

Postby keville » Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:52 pm

Looking forward to it guys :)

see ye saturday
keville
Octane king
Octane king

Postby CJ » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:58 pm

We had a good day on Saturday, despite only four FTOs turning up initially (Kace joined us later on to make 5). Karting was a good laugh
despite me loosing poll postion by ending up in the tyres! It was good to see some familar faces (Kace and Daz) and well as some new ones (Keville and Mark). Apologies to Keville for bringing him all over the Naas Road in my effort to find the entrance into Browns Barn. Fair play to Daz (Carlow) and Keville (Sligo) for making the trip up, I hope you got back in time for pints later on ;)

Daz, can you email me on your pics so as I can put them in with mine for display on the site?

We spoke about organising a meet somewhere in the midlands later on in the year, that way, its more accessible for everyone. It would be great if someone from that neck of the woods would be interested in organising something, theres no point in a Dub trying to set something up outside the Pale ;)

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GarLaf » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:55 am

I had a couple of minutes to spare and took a look at the cars while you guys were carting. very impressive. the topmix spoiler is the best looking thing i have seen on an fto. has anyone any ideas of prices
GarLaf
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:43 am

apologies for not making it over the weekend, sounds like it would have been a good laugh... i wouldn't mind throwing the hand at organising something for the next meet, but could do with a hand. :roll:
top mix spoiler have a look at pow-r.co.uk
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:52 am

Dave wrote:apologies for not making it over the weekend

yea, appologies from me too. never seem to have a minute free these days - there always seems to be some damn thing needs doing to the house... :) Haven't even had a change to wash (let alone wax) the GR since I got it.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:38 am

GarLaf wrote:I had a couple of minutes to spare and took a look at the cars while you guys were carting. very impressive. the topmix spoiler is the best looking thing i have seen on an fto. has anyone any ideas of prices

You should have hung around m8! I assume you're talking about the Veilside spoiler on Daz's GPX? Either that or the D'cuatro on Keville's.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Irish FTO meets