Wheel Alignment

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Wheel Alignment

Postby soc » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:18 pm

Just had the 2 new Toyos fitted and balanced. I also took the opportunity to have the wheel alignment done. Thing is I couldn't remember the FTO's measurements (camber etc) and Advance (at back of Croke Park) couldn't give me a print out of the settings they applied cause the printer was broken.

Anyway they told me the rear wheels were way out with lots of negative camber.... but I thought the FTO was supposed to have negative camber at the rear???? Was it up to 1 degree????

Anyone have the correct adjustments to hand - I think I might get them checked. I haven't had a chance to drive the car hard yet but so far the handling does feel better. The car feels much more direct (when before it felt vague and tracked badly with vibrations at speed).
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:56 pm

The FTO should have rear camber set to -1º, check out the settings on the FTOOC site.

Personnaly, I would have refused to pay them, now you have no idea what the suspension geometry looks like! If they saved the results on the system, they should be able to give you a printout when their printer is back online.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Speedyboy » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:14 pm

When i was last in advance they had the fto listed on the system it had the first few letters of the chasis number the model and the year so i trusted them with it. I havent experienced any problems with the car since but now im curious!

R
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby soc » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:58 pm

CJ wrote:The FTO should have rear camber set to -1º, check out the settings on the FTOOC site.

Personnaly, I would have refused to pay them, now you have no idea what the suspension geometry looks like! If they saved the results on the system, they should be able to give you a printout when their printer is back online.

Ciaran

I took a quick blat at lunchtime and the handling feels great - more direct and feels firmer - no vibration or soft feeling from the front wheels.

They did say to drop in sometime later in the week if I wanted a printout as the details are on the system. Will deffo do this so I can see what they've set the geometry to - but they did give the appearance that they knew what they were doing.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:24 pm

shane wrote:
I took a quick blat at lunchtime and the handling feels great - more direct and feels firmer - no vibration or soft feeling from the front wheels.

They did say to drop in sometime later in the week if I wanted a printout as the details are on the system. Will deffo do this so I can see what they've set the geometry to - but they did give the appearance that they knew what they were doing.

Even though handling was much improved the ride was kind of harsh and there was a tendancy to veering left so I just checked the tyre pressures - passenger side rear was at 40psi, drivers side rear was at 37psi and 2 fronts were at 28psi.... jaysus, changed tyre pressures to 29psi (2bar) for rear and 32psi (2.2bar) for fronts. Things feel better now...

Just goes to show you need to check everything these days :evil:
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to FTO Technical