V6 Timing, A/C PS & alternator belt part no's & pric

FTO tips and tricks

Moderator: Moderators

V6 Timing, A/C PS & alternator belt part no's & pric

Postby Mustang » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:28 pm

Here is are some part no's and prices which may be use to V6 owners.
Gates are a world leader in the supply of automotive belts. The belts supplied by camskill are made by Gates.

FTO V6 Alternator belt Gates part no. 48361.
Price from motor factor €12.17 inc VAT
Price from camskill £8 or €11

FTO V6 Power steering a/c belt Gates part no. 68370.
Price from motor factor €18.80 inc VAT
Price from camskill £13 or €18.

FTO V6 GR/GX Timing belt Gates part no. 5376XS
Price from motor factor €62.70 inc VAT
Price from camskill £49 or €70.

FTO V6 GPX/GPvR Timing belt Gates part no. 5566XS
Price from motor factor €166.98 inc VAT
Price from camskill £79 or €112.

Camskill offer a belts pack all three belts plus a tensioner for timing belt (on special offer at present); for GR/GX £75 or €107; for GPX/GPvR £100 or €142.

A couple of points to note: the power steering & a/c belts are readily available in Ireland. The timing belt for non-mivec V6's is stocked by the Irish distributor, so available within a few days. The timing belt for the Mivec engine cars, is non-standard (according to Gates themselves). Hence the higher price. It is not stocked by the Irish distributor, but is available on order...longer delivery approximately 2 weeks.

Note Camskill Euro prices are subject to exchange rate fluctuations, also camskill prices do not include delivery.

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: V6 Timing, A/C PS & alternator belt part no's &

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:52 pm

Mustang wrote:Camskill offer a belts pack all three belts plus a tensioner for timing belt (on special offer at present); for GR/GX £75 or €107; for GPX/GPvR £100 or €142.Mustang

Yeah - Bought the 3 belts from Camskill before I even picked up the FTO - pretty much a must have if you've just imported an FTO. The camskill pack I bought also included an upgraded tensioner for the timing belt. Really good service too - couple of days delivery time.

MfFTO
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:45 pm

MfFTO,
Do camskill provide a proper invoice? i.e. something official looking that details parts and prices, etc. Just asking because I got some stuff from funky product a while back and never got an invoice, not important because it was mostly cosmetic stuff, but if I was buying something like a timing belt I'd like an official looking document to put with the service history.
Do you recall the approximate postage cost? I believe carriage from the UK can be pricey.

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:35 pm

Mustang wrote:MfFTO,
Do camskill provide a proper invoice? i.e. something official looking that details parts and prices, etc. Just asking because I got some stuff from funky product a while back and never got an invoice, not important because it was mostly cosmetic stuff, but if I was buying something like a timing belt I'd like an official looking document to put with the service history.
Do you recall the approximate postage cost? I believe carriage from the UK can be pricey.

Mustang

Yip - A pretty comprehensive invoice detailing all parts and costs - I will have to look it up later with regard to delivery charges - I don't think it amounted to much - And I got 2 oil filters/ITG Filter (big box)/Green Stuff pads / Belt Kit & tensioner and 6 Iridium plugs and head gasket - so a pretty big parcel arrived via courier. Funky product also used a courier for the Top Mix front skirt and some other bits and bobs recently - I'll check to see what I got charged for that.

Yeah - Its important to keep hold of all documents for when you sell the FTO - I have spent some big bucks over the past few months - It should help shift the car when I buy that facelift VersionR. (Do you take trade-ins Mivec??) :wink:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:49 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:so a pretty big parcel arrived via courier

FYI, Camskill will also stick it in the post (insured) as opposed to using a courier, it works out a good bit cheaper if you're not in a hurry.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:47 am

UPDATE,
Gates have changed their part numbers. Listing for the V6 as follows:
4PK948 Alternator belt -old part number 48361
6PK1070 Power steering belt -old part number 68370
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over