350Z

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

350Z

Postby Kace » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:44 pm

I see Nissan have dropped the price of the 350Z in Ireland from 64k to 54k due to slow sales. There were only 27 sold in the country. This puts it back in the RX8 bracket.

I would take one of these over the RX8 any day. Anyone driven one - I must say, I'm a fan. Cabrio is out this year too.

Anyone driven one ?
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby zacob » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:09 am

I'd have to agree with you. A friend of mine has the RX8 and although it is a beauty with good handling, it doesn't come close to the styling of the 350Z. That said I don't know how the 350Z handles?
zacob
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Mustang » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:34 pm

I always thought that €64k was way overpriced. Especially compared to the RX8. A used Jap import looked like making a lot more financial sense. €54k is a bit more reasonable still pricey though. I'd be well pissed if I'd shelled out full list price, it essentially adds another €10k to the depreciation bill immediately -ouch!
With the taxation system here I think the 350z's large engine is also a deterant to sales.
I'm not convinced on the styling, or the renault engine.
If I had the choice in the morning I think it would have to be the RX8 (wouldn't it be tough to be in that position :wink: )
That said the lower purchase price of the RX8 would probably be offset by it's alarming thirst for petrol and oil.

Theres a 350z for sale is southside automotive at the moment if you're interested, price seems reasonable to me. I also like that shade of blue.
http://www.southsideautomotive.ie/usedc ... rID=169452
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:01 pm

Mustang wrote:Theres a 350z for sale is southside automotive at the moment if you're interested, price seems reasonable to me. I also like that shade of blue.
http://www.southsideautomotive.ie/usedc ... rID=169452

I like - but still too close to new RX8 (238BHP version) money though.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Speedyboy » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:52 pm

Your veering into used GTR skyline money there which is where i would certainly go ,

Is the blue one a Jap import?
Wavin - Unrivalled European supplier of plastic pipe systems
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Return to Japanese Performance