Hy Everyone!

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Hy Everyone!

Postby FtoGeri » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:55 pm

Hy Guys,I`m Gary from Dublin,but originally from Hungary.I raced 400cc class motorbikes back In Hungary for 3 years,and been co-driver in amateur rally for 1year.I`m originally a motorbike mechanic,my father is a car mechanic,so the love of cars and bikes is in my blood:)
4 days ago I bought my first fto(but not the first Mitsubishi).its a yr.95 gpx mivec manual,with high mileage,it requires some work,and of course its not the prettiest,but its mine:)
First thing I did after buying was looking for a forum like this,and I was very glad finding fto ireland:)
My headlights looked very crappy,so I did what I`ve seen here,sanded it down and then polished it:) Car looks a lot better now:)
I bought this car for several reasons.First of all,I love jap import sportscars,I have a suzuki cappuccino and a mark1 mitsubishi sapporo aswell,and my dad has a 300zx tt swb back at home.
Secondly,I`m planing to make a roadtrip back home,stop in Paris for one day,and then have 2 laps on the Nurburgring,and then go home:)
So I`m checking everything on the car now,changed the oil already,and i`m planing to change the plugs,and adjust the tappets, and a good few more things:)(we`ll se what I`ll manage to do :) )
I only drove this car a few kms,but I just love it,eventhough I`m big rwd fan. I have 36 days,to get my Fto ready for the big trip, hopefully everything will work out fine ;)

Cheers:

Gary
FtoGeri

Re: Hy Everyone!

Postby optical illusion » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Welcome. Have you been at the ring before? It's fantastic.

I wouldn't go near the ring without upgrading my brake pads (like ferodos for example, not crap ones) and discs. And tyres too.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby FtoGeri » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:04 pm

No,haven`t been there before,tbh for this time the plan is to be there,and go around without pushing too hard,as I have to drive another 1100km after that:) But I`ll deffo buy tyres for the car,and check the braking system aswell.
I`ve been working on the car today,got the tappets adjusted on the rear cylinders,what a difference:) My car sounded very bad before ,I was a bit unsure if its only tappet noise,so I`m very happy with the result(no bearing problems,huhh):) during the weekend I`ll do the front cylinders aswell:)
:wink:
FtoGeri

Postby Sebastian » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:00 am

Szio . Nice photo there,let's see more.
I'm at the ring this weekend really worths . Make sure you and the car are 100% ready. You shoud go to the meets also.
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby optical illusion » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:44 pm

FtoGeri wrote:this time the plan is to be there and go around without pushing too hard

You say that now, wait till you get there :D
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby FtoGeri » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:55 pm

optical illusion wrote: You say that now, wait till you get there :D

Haha I know what you`re saying,I used to race motorbikes for 3 years, everytime I enter a closed circuit,something changes deep inside me:)
But I`ve driven home 4 cars already from Ireland to Hungary, and I know I`ll have to be sensible this time ;)
I`ll get the car ready,hopefully everything will be alright on my 2200km tour:)

I`ll post some more pictures later.
FtoGeri

Return to Introduce yourself