It Happened Again!

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

It Happened Again!

Postby goz_83 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Collecting my car today from Nolans, I notice damage to the driver side wing and bumper. I don't think they caused the damage and it probably happened a few days ago without me noticing the damage, but I'm really sick and tired of people damaging my car and driving off. I mean its Christmas ffs! This has happened a number of times in the past year. Its not really bad, but the bumper is out of line and the wing a bit damaged with some scuffs on both. This stuff never happened with any other car i have owned. Tempted to just throw in the towel at this stage. You can have nothing kept nice these days!
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: It Happened Again!

Postby ryanmck14 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Ive stopped being so fussy with bodywork as no one has any respect for other peoples cars anymore!
I feel your pain.
On other hand in 2 years nothing has ever happened my crappy 306 i use for work?!!
ryanmck14
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:40 am

Not saying anything bad about Paul but when I had my FTO up with him and I collected it the front number-plates was bent inwards, it was not like that when I left it up but it could have been one of the customer revered into my car as it looked like tow bar damage, I had to get a new plate made up.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby goz_83 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:04 am

Its damage i think i would have noticed if i'm completely honest. I am totally fussy about body work and when i open the door to leave my house, its the first thing i would see. I think it likely happened outside the shop. I've rubbed a lot of the scuffing out, but i'll see if i can post a pic later and ask if you might have missed the damage. Photos unfortunately never quite capture it right though.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby brccrx » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Post the pics anyway, we will see does it catch the attention that much.

Very true that FTO's get damaged so easy, its nearly like people seeing it want to leave some marks on it.
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby Wagalini » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Awe man, sorry to hear it's happened to you again! I hope it's not too bad :(

I've had my FTO at Paul's 5/6 times in the last 2 years and nothing's every happened.
Wagalini
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Here's the damage. It's been raining, so some of the scuffing is hidden. It's the fact the wing is damaged and bumper out of line that annoys me most. It looks like someone was turning out of a parking spot and collided with the wing and kept going, dragging the damage all the way to the front of the bumper.

goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Uncle B » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:28 pm

Ugh, hard luck Gary, sorry to hear/see.
I had my car less than 2 weeks when some *sshole smacked into my rear bumper when I was away.
No note or anything of course... The bumper popped back into shape relatively well but you can see where it's out of line with the lights/panels.

OT but I like the wheelcaps 8)
Get out of here Nebulon! No one likes your style...
Uncle B

Postby goz_83 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:07 am

Uncle B wrote:Ugh, hard luck Gary, sorry to hear/see.
I had my car less than 2 weeks when some *sshole smacked into my rear bumper when I was away.
No note or anything of course... The bumper popped back into shape relatively well but you can see where it's out of line with the lights/panels.

OT but I like the wheelcaps 8)

It's happened me a few times now :cry:

The 94GR was rear ended just as I finished pumping money into it.

The GPX was rear scuffed a few days after the full respray and again a few days after I got it repaired. Someone hit and cracked the front bumper a couple of months ago and I got it repaired and resprayed in October. The mini I had done up this year had the passenger door bashed in and now the GPX is victim once again to more damage. GVD Autos have been really great sorting it out every time and charge me buttons for what they do, but it means I am without my car every time I leave it in.

Thanks, I love the caps too.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby optical illusion » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:19 am

Will you do me a favour and head over to dashcams.ie.

That's a nice bit of damage. It's not even my car and I'm withered for you.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:20 pm

optical illusion wrote:Will you do me a favour and head over to dashcams.ie.

That's a nice bit of damage. It's not even my car and I'm withered for you.

I have considered the dashcam route Laura, but I would need a few cams if I were to capture all the angles. 2 cams would be a minimum. I will be getting a dashcam anyway for the front, not specifically for this purpose. I also still have a reverse cam not installed, so maybe that's what I will get done, setting them both to record to a drive or something.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby optical illusion » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:49 pm

You can get a wide angled there that covers front and back. Better than nothing I suppose.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:52 pm

optical illusion wrote:You can get a wide angled there that covers front and back. Better than nothing I suppose.

I think I will need a bigger battery with all the stuff connected to it :lol:

Thanks Laura, I will look into that when I am not absolutely smashed broke.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion