Three in recent weeks.....

Spotted an FTO on the road recently? Post times and locations here.

Moderator: Moderators

Three in recent weeks.....

Postby JD » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:18 am

I've seen three in recent weeks, a red one last week on the M4 between Maynooth and Lucan going in the dublin direction - lady driving. A different red one parked outside a pub on the approach road to Navan, I've seen that there a few times, and on Thursday afternoon a really clean black model in the Landsdown Road area of Dublin. I didn't get close enough to see which models. Any of them any of you?
Dave
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus

lansdown area!

Postby mark » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:41 pm

Hi JD, Yep I think the one you saw in Lansdown Road area was me:a black GR.It was really clean until the corpo. came along and blasted double-yellow lines off the road and onto my beloved fto. trying to make way for a new cycle lane!.That stuff embeds itself right into the paintwork and no amount of polishing gets it out.
mark
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Re: lansdown area!

Postby Daz » Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:44 am

mark wrote:Hi JD, Yep I think the one you saw in Lansdown Road area was me:a black GR.It was really clean until the corpo. came along and blasted double-yellow lines off the road and onto my beloved fto. trying to make way for a new cycle lane!.That stuff embeds itself right into the paintwork and no amount of polishing gets it out.

Well if it is that bad you should be able to sue them for the cost of a respray,

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby JD » Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:04 pm

Hi Mark,
It Looked really well - you obviously look after her.
That's the pits about the corpo - it might be worth pursuing if it won't come off -
Dave (JD)
JD

paint removal

Postby ronbyrne » Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:24 pm

there is a way to remove the paint, and a great way to restore your paintwork to a smooth as glass feel, there is a motor shop in the blanchardstown center, ( in the main centre itself ) the guy ordered it in for me and still has a few, its made by meguiars and is called detailing clay, its a block of sticky clay and lubricating spray that you rub the painwork with and it actually plucks all the debris and pieces of metal that stick into the paint over the years, well worth the money 22 euro !, it was originally developed for painters to remove fine overspray but is not abrasive. i washed and polished my fto when i got it but could still feel sharp bits like sand or something on the paintwork, now its as smooth as a mirror, recommended
ronbyrne

Return to Spotted