Subaru legacy boxer diesel.

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

Subaru legacy boxer diesel.

Postby gary d » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:51 pm

Called in to Donnelly Mitsubishi today in the search for touch up paint in steel silver A34 needless to say they claim Mitsubishi no longer list it! Donnellys also sell Suzuki and Subaru at the same site, saw the new Subaru Legacy boxer diesel. I want one!! car in showroom was dark grey metallic, anthracite wheels, grey leather interior. subtle bonnet scoop and spoiler very nice. one catch £22,000 price tag (new) All is not lost, British government are proposing as a bail out for the motor industry to offer anyone £2500 to scrap a car over 10 years old providing they buy a car under 3 years old in its place!
Would be a bloody shame to scrap my FTO though as its a goodun.
gary d
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Re: Subaru legacy boxer diesel.

Postby CJ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:59 pm

gary d wrote:Called in to Donnelly Mitsubishi today in the search for touch up paint in steel silver A34 needless to say they claim Mitsubishi no longer list it!

www.camskill.co.uk stock it...

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Muad_dib77 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:04 pm

I thought somebody described that as the worst diesel engine in the world ever..

It may have been clarkson actually in that "economy challenge" thingie where they had to turn some lights on somewhere...Blackpool..

Take one for a test drive, and see do you still fancy it..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby gary d » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:49 pm

Muad_dib77 wrote:I thought somebody described that as the worst diesel engine in the world ever..

It may have been clarkson actually in that "economy challenge" thingie where they had to turn some lights on somewhere...Blackpool..

Take one for a test drive, and see do you still fancy it..

yeah I saw that episode and my heart sank, I had been anticipating the release of this car. But keep in mind Clarkson is an ar$e!
I'm in fantasyland anyway aint got £22,000 price tag have to wait a couple more years till depreciation sets in. :roll:
gary d
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby colm_mcm » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:49 pm

they're pretty good value if you buy into the idea that Imprezas are a cut above a Focus or Corolla, but they're a godawful looking car and I'd have my reservations about a boxer diesel. Must drive one.
colm_mcm

Postby gary d » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:02 pm

colm_mcm wrote:they're pretty good value if you buy into the idea that Imprezas are a cut above a Focus or Corolla, but they're a godawful looking car and I'd have my reservations about a boxer diesel. Must drive one.

Eh.....I was talkin bout new Legacy!
Focus, Corolla? Who wants to be a sheep when you can be the wolf :lol:
Each to their own :D
gary d
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby colm_mcm » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:05 pm

sorry, saw the STG price for the Legacy there, it's the same as the Impreza price in Euros.

The Legacy diesel is an interesting one alright, and would be on my list if I was in the market - subject to the engine note being bearable.
colm_mcm

Re: Subaru legacy boxer diesel.

Postby gary d » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:12 pm

CJ wrote:
gary d wrote:Called in to Donnelly Mitsubishi today in the search for touch up paint in steel silver A34 needless to say they claim Mitsubishi no longer list it!

www.camskill.co.uk stock it...

CJ

Cheers CJ but the guy in Donnellys told me where I could get it mixed local only cost £9.20 in to the bargain.
gary d
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Return to Other Cars