GP versionR??

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

GP versionR??

Postby gino » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:13 pm

Hi guys,
Has anyone seen the FTO sean byrne autos have advertised in last weeks autotrader, it says its a 2l manual, 97, black, hes looking for 13k for it, its hard to tell from the picture, but it has a facelift front bumper and what looks like a GP versionR rear spoiler???
Gino.
gino
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby steelroe » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:51 pm

Copied the pic in autotrader and zoomed in. It has the Facelift bumper and lights and also Version R spoiler, Certainly worth a look but VERY pricy for a 1997 me thinks????
http://search.autotrader.ie/cgi-bin/sea ... 2&x=32&y=5

Wonder what thge red car to the right is MR2 or maybe RX7
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: GP versionR??

Postby CJ » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:57 pm

gino wrote:hes looking for 13k for it

I doubt its a a GPvR, its not lowered, the mirrors are folded (then again, that could have been done manually) and theres no version R sticker on the bumper. BTW, the aero spoiler was an option on all facelift FTOs. As Rory said, 13k for a 97 is a bit on the pricey side.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GP versionR??

Postby Daz » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:51 am

CJ wrote:
gino wrote:hes looking for 13k for it

I doubt its a a GPvR, its not lowered, the mirrors are folded (then again, that could have been done manually) and theres no version R sticker on the bumper. BTW, the aero spoiler was an option on all facelift FTOs. As Rory said, 13k for a 97 is a bit on the pricey side.

CJ

I agree it is overpriced, espically when you can buy 95 manual GPX's for 6-7k. i would say about 10.5 k would be the right price for a standard 97 GPX manual like that. and at that it would have to be in showroom condition.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby steelroe » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:07 am

Why don't one of you guys check it out and give it the once over to see if it how good it is and how low he is willing to go to get rid of it.
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:13 am

steelroe wrote:Why don't one of you guys check it out and give it the once over to see if it how good it is and how low he is willing to go to get rid of it.

Would love to but can't afford a third one :!:

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:44 am

Wonder what the red car to the right is MR2 or maybe RX7[/quote]

http://search.autotrader.ie/cgi-bin/sea ... tie.cars.1

Heres your answer Steelroe!
MR2 Turbo - Check out the RX7's on the autotrader though - they're starting to look more appealing at that money.

Oh - ya I doubt that FTO is a GPvR - it also seems to have side skirts as well as folding mirrors - not mad about the wheels though. Still theres nothing wrong with a GPX Manual - I think he'd take less than the 13K sticker price - bet he'd take the hand off you if you offered him 12K cash.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:01 am

Myfeckin FTO wrote:it also seems to have side skirts as well as folding mirrors

The GPvR Aero series had side skirts so don't rule that out. As I said earlier, the mirrors could have been manually pushed back, I agree with you though that its unlikely to be a GPvR.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:03 pm

I saw that too when I posted mine - sean byrne autos are notoriously expensive - I've a mate who looked at a few cars there and everytime came away laughing at the prices.

Sure does make mine seem like a bargin.... anyone...... :)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby AL » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:10 pm

yeh seen the car in question today, took a day off work and was down the docks sorting out me own cars, its not actually in Byrne Autos at the moment, its in hi-grade imports. was just checkin out whats coming in.

its a debadged GPX manual, not to keen on the wheels but having said that,its a personal choice really, but they are immaculate, i only glanced over the bodywork its look pretty good, standard good clean interior, didnt check mileage, but id take that with a pinch of salt.............. but front and back bumpers look as if they were badly resprayed, orange peel effect and missing lots of lacquer coverage............ but besides that i cudnt fault it at a glance, didnt check engine or suspension etc
AL
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby steelroe » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:44 pm

If it is a GPX how come the facelift front and Aero Spoiler. All GPX's I have seen have skirts. Are these not fitted as standard to the GPX
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby AL » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:47 pm

i never noticed the side skirts on this FTO, to be honest standard FTO side skirts dont exactly stick out.
most FTO's post '96 have a facelift bumper, but i have seen models as late as a '99 GPX with the old spoiler and bumper setup. the aero spoiler appears on some post '96 models and is common on '98,'99 etc.. models
AL

Postby Mustang » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:34 am

Myfeckinfto wrote
bet he'd take the hand off you if you offered him 12K cash

Currently advertised in the B&S for €12k looks like you were right MFFTO :wink:

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:18 am

I drove by Sean Byrnes this morning on my way to Paul Nolan to drop off the car (getting rear suspension bushes done), I noticed this FTO at the front of the garage, I must say, it looks very well from a distance but I didn't get an opportunity to check it out, I might do so when I pick the motor up on Friday.
The only off-putting thing was that it had 3 spoke rims which aren't my cup of tea.....

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:21 am

CJ Wrote
The only off-putting thing was that it had 3 spoke rims which aren't my cup of tea.....

Agreed, it's not the 1980's any more :wink:
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Speedyboy » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:27 am

12K Seems an awful lot for a 97, considering a 95 would go for half that which means youd be taking a possible 6k depreciation in 2 years of ownership

:(
Speedyboy

Return to For Sale