Headunit / bluetooth handsfree

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Headunit / bluetooth handsfree

Postby CJ » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Is anyone using an aftermarket headunit with built in bluetooth handsfree? If so, would appreciate some feedback re quality etc.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Headunit / bluetooth handsfree

Postby shellier46 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:02 pm

CJ wrote:Is anyone using an aftermarket headunit with built in bluetooth handsfree? If so, would appreciate some feedback re quality etc.

CJ

I have a Sony explode head unit in the car it's great for BT tunes or for making an taking calls Would recommend getting one
shellier46
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby colm_mcm » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Those xplod ones were standard on hyundais for a good while, the Mic is built into the front panel, I can't help thinking one with an external Mic would be better on the fto because the radio sits low in the dash
colm_mcm

Postby eamop » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:38 pm

i also have a sony xplod aftermarket job will post the model later but it has bluetooth and full ipod control functions with a built in mic the ipod control is done via a usb connection in the front panel and it also has an aux in in the front controling the ipod via the stereo is a pain but as a handsfree the stereo performs well and it also has the option for an additional mic to boost the receiving power which could be placed any where in the car cost me 200 from halfrauds with my axa discount card i get 15% off so it actually cost me 170 which was a good deal
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby TopCat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Its it for be beemer CJ? I seem to remember a friend of mine had a BMW headunit with built-in bluetooth that seemed to work great. It was a newer 320d though (possibly '06, was still on NI plates), so I'm not sure does it apply here. But if it does, you might pick one up second hand?

They're not the best looking headunits, but its personal taste really, some people think them plain, I actually think they're tidy. :roll:
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby CJ » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:02 pm

TopCat wrote:Its it for be beemer CJ? I seem to remember a friend of mine had a BMW headunit with built-in bluetooth that seemed to work great. It was a newer 320d though (possibly '06, was still on NI plates), so I'm not sure does it apply here. But if it does, you might pick one up second hand?

Yes, its for the Beemer, will check it out compatibility with those in the know. Alternatively, I might invest in a Pioneer, this one would suit the dash IMO:

http://www.pioneer.eu/tr/products/25/12 ... index.html

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sebastian » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:07 pm

For some reason I have a sony Xplod aswell , can't fault it . easy to install , good quality and no hassle so far ,
You can fit the mic anywhere in the car (long wire ) and the bluetooth settings are easy enough.
it's around 200 eur in haufrauds but I've seen it on sale for under 150 a while ago .
Ebay might help also .
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby TopCat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:12 pm

Yeah, that looks nice alright CJ, would go well in that dash. Would be nice to get the multifunction wheel working with it too, have you looked into that?
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby colm_mcm » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:05 pm

If its the 320 id stick with the original headunit and use a parrot kit. Some have ipod input. Aftermarket headunits look wrong in German cars
colm_mcm

Postby eamop » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:00 pm

CJ wrote:
TopCat wrote:Its it for be beemer CJ? I seem to remember a friend of mine had a BMW headunit with built-in bluetooth that seemed to work great. It was a newer 320d though (possibly '06, was still on NI plates), so I'm not sure does it apply here. But if it does, you might pick one up second hand?

Yes, its for the Beemer, will check it out compatibility with those in the know. Alternatively, I might invest in a Pioneer, this one would suit the dash IMO:

http://www.pioneer.eu/tr/products/25/12 ... index.html

CJ

i had the older model the deh-p85bt i think if memory serves and it was outstanding in performance ,the bluetooth was amazing ,the i pod control was almost as good as direct control on the ipod itself.It did burn out the amp in the head unit itself cost 75 to fix but seeing as the stereo cost me 600 a fair price to pay just be careful where you buy it.I got mine in halfords and they wouldn't even entertain looking at it when it broke because i couldn't find the receipt ,which is fair enough ,but i even asked to [pay and they still wouldn't entertain me
eamop
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby CJ » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:05 pm

colm_mcm wrote:Aftermarket headunits look wrong in German cars

I'm in agreement here but the OEM job has long since been replaced with a silver aftermarket unit that already looks out of place (NOI Topcat if you stuck it in!). I was hoping to kill 2 birds by sticking in a unit that fits better with the dash and has handsfree capability (although the latter is more important to me at the moment). I was also looking at sticking in an OEM headunit and buying a kit separately but the cost of both would exceed a decent aftermarket unit. No need for ipod compatibility although USB up front would be useful.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TopCat » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:45 pm

CJ wrote:
colm_mcm wrote:Aftermarket headunits look wrong in German cars

I'm in agreement here but the OEM job has long since been replaced with a silver aftermarket unit that already looks out of place (NOI Topcat if you stuck it in!). I was hoping to kill 2 birds by sticking in a unit that fits better with the dash and has handsfree capability (although the latter is more important to me at the moment). I was also looking at sticking in an OEM headunit and buying a kit separately but the cost of both would exceed a decent aftermarket unit. No need for ipod compatibility although USB up front would be useful.

CJ

No offense taken. Didn't putting it in and was never a huge fan myself. I had thought about replacing it when I first bought the car, but just never got round to it.
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby colm_mcm » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:33 pm

The Becker grand prix would be a great option but pricey
colm_mcm

Return to Off Topic