oil light

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

oil light

Postby Dave » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:14 am

i noticed this morning that the oil light flashed on after i started her up, and flashed a couple of times until it heated up. it hasn't had an oil change in a while now but i have the car booked in to get the timing belt done and a full service which will include an oil change, haven't got the time to do it myself but just wondering if this is a major concern, the dip stick seems okay, would it be okay to just throw a bit of oil in to get me over till next week and does it make a difference if i'm using say synthetic and i put some semi synthetic stuff in?
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: oil light

Postby Daz » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:11 pm

Dave wrote:i noticed this morning that the oil light flashed on after i started her up, and flashed a couple of times until it heated up. it hasn't had an oil change in a while now but i have the car booked in to get the timing belt done and a full service which will include an oil change, haven't got the time to do it myself but just wondering if this is a major concern, the dip stick seems okay, would it be okay to just throw a bit of oil in to get me over till next week and does it make a difference if i'm using say synthetic and i put some semi synthetic stuff in?

Dave

Don't mix your oils yes top up thats ok but if your using synthetic then top up with that and not semi synthetic

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Return to FTO Technical