07 Golf 1.6 (non FSI)

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

07 Golf 1.6 (non FSI)

Postby Muad_dib77 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:31 pm

Picked up one of these yesterday.. (not for me, I'm keeping my baby!)

Very Very nice car - steering is sorted.. suspension has been firmed up since the 04 model.. Interior is still a bit - ehm - German..Though all the blue lights look deadly..

Brakes are SHARP - we're talking through the windscreen stopping power here.. crazy efficient!
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Re: 07 Golf 1.6 (non FSI)

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:16 pm

Muad_dib77 wrote:Brakes are SHARP - we're talking through the windscreen stopping power here.. crazy efficient!

Seems to be the way family cars are going TBH - a lot of cars I've driven recently including my GF's 147 is quite similar - the brakes are way over-servoed - mostly because with the antilock and EBD etc there is no risk of loosing control when the brakes bite. Try taking these cars out on a track though (or for a quick blast) and see how fast they fade. I would prefer a more progressive pedal with plenty of bite from the halfway point of pedal travel. To make quick progress you need to have brakes where you can provide a measured amount of braking - not On or Off with little in between.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Muad_dib77 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:46 pm

I agree - I went for a spirited drive in the Golf 04 1.4l recently and although the brakes we're really really good at stopping the car at lights and such - while driving and braking for corners and such it got a bit hairy..

After 20mins I imagine the discs were bright red cause there was pretty much nothing happening unless I really stood on the pedal..

once I'd let the cool down for a bit they were fine again..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Return to Other Cars