'99 Manual Mivec for sale

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

'99 Manual Mivec for sale

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:06 pm

Went to take a look at this car on Saturday in Enterprise Motors (limerick) after Mustang had spotted it for sale.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cf ... rID=256611

Some issues with paintwork plus couple of scrathes - needs new set of tyres. Car has a HKS induction and a newish Blitz exhuast - 58Kmiles so probably needs a cambelt change immed.

He is looking for 14.5K :shock: - Kindly offered me the car for his rockbottom cash price of 14K - Hahaha!

Car is probably worth 12.5K-13K - It is a Manual Mivec and does have a quality aftermarket induction and exhaust.

First FTO I've seen this guy sell in a long time - the dealers seem to be starting to import them again.

It'll be interesting to see what money hes looking for in 6 weeks when he finds it difficult to sell. :roll:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:56 pm

Did you take it for a spin? Does the driver seat look a bit shabby or is that just the photo?
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:00 pm

Mustang wrote:Did you take it for a spin? Does the driver seat look a bit shabby or is that just the photo?

Didn't bother with the spin - I may take it out this weekend as I live about 2 mins from there. The seats didn't strike me as tatty when I was in the car so must be the photo.

My own 95 FTO looked in much better nick though - so the 14K asking price seemed a bit rich.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:16 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:My own 95 FTO looked in much better nick though - so the 14K asking price seemed a bit rich.

Did the salesman make any comment about yours? Was he interested in how much yours was worth in comparison?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kace » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:21 pm

High enough mileage to for a Japanese 99. I barely have that on my 95.
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:39 pm

CJ wrote:
Myfeckin FTO wrote:My own 95 FTO looked in much better nick though - so the 14K asking price seemed a bit rich.

Did the salesman make any comment about yours? Was he interested in how much yours was worth in comparison?

CJ

He didn't see mine - I know he'd barely offer me book value for it in any case.

Was offered 7 to 7.5K for my GF's MX5 as a trade-in from a number of garages in Limerick recently - I sold it privately for 13.5K and I could have sold it 5 times over for that price such was the interest. :roll: Goes to show how normal (non petrolhead) people get screwed over when changing cars.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to For Sale