Hey Every one!

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Postby Daz » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:35 am

CJ wrote:
baldtyres wrote:
Things will go wrong with much newer cars also. In comparison to most cars of its age, the FTO is a very reliable machine and all of the common problems are well documented on sites such as this. I wouldn't like folks to think that the FTO is a bad buy on the basis that things can go wrong with it.

CJ

I second that. I have owned and driven FTO's for close on 8 years (ok i have had a rare few small problems like dirty idle valve and failed heater matrix all easy fixed and as cj said well documented but I have had only 2 major failures 1) caused by a mechanic over tightening the bolts on a water pump causing it to crack and fail and 2) Tip box failed caused by me putting dextron II fluid in it as a temporary measure as i couldn't locate Dextron III fluid as my suplier had closed down didn't last 100 miles on the wrong fluid. but issue caused by me.

As reliability goes i can't fault the FTO i think there rock solid 8 years straight of ownership (well 8 years in 5 weeks and 1 day) Shows that.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Previous

Return to Introduce yourself