Alfa GT

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

Alfa GT

Postby soc » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:29 pm

What do you peeps think of the Alfa GT - specifically the 1.9JTD?? Anyone and decent hands-on with them? What's the quality like?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby AL » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:51 pm

ok it was a year ago when i was looking at one of these, in dealers on airton road tallaght, so memory is a bit sketchy,lol.
not very impressed by the paddleshift, but i thought that was a 1.9 petrol :?: , if i have the extra money id go for the 3.2L i think or was it a 3.5L, but when i was looking at the 1.9 last year they wanted 10k extra for the 3.2L :roll:

they have awsome presence on the road, but get 18s as the 17s are lost in the arches and take away from the cars stance. interior is beautiful, and actually had tanned and dulled leather seats that were very compy indeed, quality of interior impressed me no end and a Bose cd too :shock:

in black they look the bizz
AL
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby soc » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:21 pm

AL wrote:
in black they look the bizz

I like the black too - it would have to have leather and 18's with BOSE - the 1.9GTD seems like a reasonable buy - I've seen some 04's in at the 26k mark - and they chip to 185bhp which is good for diesel.....

I seem to remember Mustang had a picture of one in his driveway....... any opinions?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:17 pm

As per above - it would have to be black on 18's.

Mustangs mum has one - so he's probably best placed to comment.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:58 am

Myfeckin FTO wrote:As per above - it would have to be black on 18's.

Mustangs mum has one - so he's probably best placed to comment.

Duty calls.
Me like the GT :D . But I actually don't drive it that often :roll:
Nice firm, but nuetral handling, feels very chuckable.. as with most modern alfas. The interior is nice, very supportive seats, especially around the shoulder area, suits my small frame -they may not suit tall, broad drivers though.
New, the sportivo kit costs an additional 2k, and inludes leather, 17's and the bose sound system including MP3 & 10CD -well worth the outlay IMO. I would not buy one with cloth seats....
If I had to pick fault, it would be with the electronic climate control system -the most confusing yoke I've ever encountered
:smt017 Probably if I spent a few hours reading and re-reading the manual I'd eventually figure it out.
I've never driven the oil burner. Supposed to be a peach though! One of the best on the market, plenty of low down torque, and does not need to be thrashed to make progress.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:56 pm

I thought this thread could do with a few images...
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:39 pm

It's such a nice looking car, especially when spec'd with leather and 18's. Only think that would concern me is that, 3.2V6 excepted, the performance doesn't really match the looks.....
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:48 pm

gfalls wrote:say what you like about performance, looks etc... but think about it..! ITS AN ALFA ROMERO..! It will loose half its price by the time you get it home and you'll be able to spend weekends actually watching it rust. Check out used prices and you'll see what I mean...!

I'd only consider buying used as the prices look reasonable but I know what you mean - I figured that these days alfa's must be screwed together better though.... :?:
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Other Cars