Facelift GR Silver SOLD

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Facelift GR Silver SOLD

Postby goz_83 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi guys. My brother picked up the Red 99GX on donedeal a few days ago. The silver facelift GR I gave to him (in exchange for some back breaking labour :mrgreen: ) is now for sale. Since I gave it to him in Oct/Nov last year, it has only been driven to the garage to get the rear bumper repaired and resprayed. A facelift bumper was added at that point too. It has been given a few extra mods since and has been kept garaged. I got it fully serviced about 2 weeks before giving the fto to him and can vouch for it. Anyone who follows my threads, knows that the GR was well taken care of. It is now sporting 18" deep dish alloys and the tires are good all round. The NCT and tax ran out and because the car hasn't been in use, it was never booked in for the nct after I gave it away. It's up for €800, no offers. Only bad point with this car is the battery is flat (Battery has since been changed and all is great now) :lol: PM me if interested. Based in Dublin 13.
The car can be seen on deonedeal here: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3258366

Fresh oil change at end of May using Motul 8100.

€800 Unbeatable value for money. Original asking price was €1300, but must sell quick now.

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r57 ... G_0206.mp4
Last edited by goz_83 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Facelift GR Silver for sale.

Postby Sebastian » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:46 pm

good setup there,
the alloys were from this fto :wink:

and the red 99 is an ex club car ( pictured along my first fto )

no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby goz_83 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Are you kidding me!!! Isn't that my blue gpx?

The deep dish alloys were on the red gx, but my bro prefers his black alloys, which came with gs he bought he bought last year. That's why the deep dish ones are now on the GR, which I think are waaay nicer. But, I do prefer 17" to 18" personally.

The gx has the fto ireland url on the back windscreen, so that gave it away as an ex club car. It's now back in the club :mrgreen:

If you look at the 3rd pic down, you will see all 3 ftos.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Long story short , the blue gpx is( was) a Turbo FTO , uk registered ( known as uk's mr.bishi's turbo fto , now on irish grounds but stripped)

The red GX belonged to Power on here, and had some nice upgrades ( leatherete cream seats ,18 real carbon wrapped alloys and so on )
good amount on cash was spent on the Gx , your bro got a bargain .

I remember the times when I had 3-4 fto's in front of my gaf :smt023 :mrgreen:
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby goz_83 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:32 pm

I see. Thanks for the history.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Pictures look great, and you got the Red one a day before I was going to call the guy, glad it found a good home :smt002
love the facelift bumper on the 94.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby goz_83 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Chris_Heilong wrote:Pictures look great, and you got the Red one a day before I was going to call the guy, glad it found a good home :smt002
love the facelift bumper on the 94.

Should see it in the flesh.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Facelift GR Silver for sale. €1k

Postby goz_83 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:05 pm

Quick sale. €1,000 to any club member. Bottom price, no movement on that. Absolute bargain. A battery has also been put into it, so there is nothing needing done. I would nct it, but I won't drive without tax and the insurance swap is an inconvenience with quinn.

Extra with the sale will be my blue/white leatherette seat trims. These will be included after my black leather trims arrive within 2 weeks. Buyer keeps the black leatherette trims currently in the car.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:43 pm

great price !
Sebastian

Postby bluemajor » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:53 pm

:wink: :cry: pity its not manual love the colour and all youve done , :cry: but tip dont do it for me
bluemajor
Super unleaded
Super unleaded

Postby goz_83 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:24 pm

Yeah I cant believe he will let it go so cheap, but he does owe me 1k, which is the main motivation for just selling it quick, despite the original asking price being really good. I would take it back myself, only I have nowhere to put it. There is a Zafira and fto in the garden, with a hyundai accent outside, so there is no room left. It's a bit depressing to see it go at all, let alone for such a tiny price.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Here is a video link to the gr for anyone who wants to know. €800 bottom price. Not a penny less.

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r57 ... G_0206.mp4

More pics.

New mitsi badge just added.
Damage to leatherette in drivers seat. everywhere else is in great condition.
Clean underbody
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Looks class, its a steal at that price. I think a video really is a great way to sell a car.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:51 pm

Would cost maybe €40 to repair drivers seat to make the car perfect. I'm on the plane to Spain now. Later all.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:33 pm

I tell you, Irish insurance has reached a new low. A 42 year old lady was buying the gr yesterday for the asking price and rang Quinn direct and Axa there and then. Neither would quote her. Full NCB didn't matter. She lives in Finglas but surely that would only be a minor consideration considering her other credentials. It's a disgrace! That's 2 sales that fell through because of insurance being an issue. The first in fairness was a 19 year old guy and that was expected. It takes too much shopping around to get quoted. That lady said she tried a few companies when she got home and just gave up.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Thats a pity, assume you're asking 'strangers' to check for a quote in advance regardless of circumstances? Its the car thats blacklisted, the other factors are less of an issue. This is really frustrating for potential owners, on the flipside, its one of the reason why the FTO has remained relatively rare (in a non manual GPX kinda way) on our roads. Cold comfort in a buyers market mind you....
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ottostreet » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:59 am

I don't get it, I never had any issues insuring FTOs with Quinn, even as a new customer, male, 21 (at the time) with 2-3 years NCB. How can a 42 year old woman not insure it?

I've heard from friends that on some of their cars (Preludes, Clio 182s) that they had to offer to contact the ombudsman before quoting. Maybe you just have to play hardball with the feckers.
ottostreet
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby iano128 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:27 am

I have to say the thing about the insurance is that it can sometimes depend on who you are talking to. I rang quinn befor getting mine knowing it was probably going to be thousands since i'm only 23 with 2 years no claims but on the first call I was actually told that they don't insurance the car because it was a 2 litre and they would only insure the 1.8. I thought this was crazy and asked the guy surely you have to at least quote me something but he refused so that was the end of that. After thinking about it afterwards I realised, if I just rang back and got someone else, they would probably be more helpful if I say I already bought it. Would you believe on the next call the guy never once mentioned not insuring them and was able to tell me it was only an exrta €80 for the rest of my policy. I couldn't believe if I hadn't of rang back I would of never bought the car. I still love when i come out of my house and see the car cause I realise I could of easily given in and just got something else that I didn't really want.

I also noticed after getting the car that even though I tired every online quote I could find none would quote me but if you already have a policy with quinn and you log in to amend it. You can get the quote for it no problem so if anyone wants to know without having to ring just use your account on their website its even quicker than ringing plus no chance of being put on hold.
iano128
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Bartpabicz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:08 pm

have you tried Arachas? They quoted me over a year ago:

http://www.arachas.ie/home.html

I'm with Allianz through them at the moment. The other company, which surely WILL insure most drivers is XS direct:

http://xsdirect.ie/

I didn't check with them recently, but a year ago they quoted me 600 BUT with a 4000 excess, so.... yeah. Use at your own risk.
have you seen Zeitgeist The Movie? You should...
Bartpabicz
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:15 pm

It's not me trying to insure it. I suppose people just need to be told that they should be transferring their policy rather than getting new quotes but I don't know what the full situation was.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bartpabicz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:11 pm

goz_83 wrote:It's not me trying to insure it. I suppose people just need to be told that they should be transferring their policy rather than getting new quotes but I don't know what the full situation was.

yeah, I meant those potential buyers but apparently was in a temporary brain-dead state ._. Those two companies might be a solution to your recurring problem though.
have you seen Zeitgeist The Movie? You should...
Bartpabicz
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Well it looks like the GR is going to be taken off the market in the next couple of days. If it doesn't sell for €800, my brother says he won't sell at all and would rather keep, or break it if he wants to get his money's worth. I need cash he owes me, so he will get cash elsewhere and keep the gr when I get home. I actually can't believe it hasn't sold yet. It's had 2 views and both wanted the car ( the first was when the car was 1k) but insurance problems messed those up.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Facelift GR Silver SOLD

Postby goz_83 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:40 pm

Gerry is the proud owner of the GR (again). Enjoy your holiday Gerry. I'll drop it down when you get back.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby DanD1988 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Congrats on sale glad to see it goin to a good home mint car :smt023 and congrats to gerry and his new fto again lol :D
DanD1988
Octane king
Octane king

Postby Gerry » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Cheers Guys,

I had planned on not buying anymore ftos and i dont after this one.
Bought it as it was my first fto and i know it inside out.
Gary has also done some good work on it, so its all good.
Going to put it in storage untill 2014 and then plan to add it to my classic car policy along with MR2.

In relation to converting the manual heating controls on the red 99 gx to digital climate control;
Have that stuff regarding digital climate control.
You will need climate control unit, white box that holds matrix along with motors attached to this white box.
Do you know if the red 99 gx is prewired for climate control? if it is ur laughin, if not this is a much bigger job.

Cheers
Gerry
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Next

Return to For Sale