Golf GTI 1.8T!!

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

Golf GTI 1.8T!!

Postby soc » Fri May 02, 2003 6:47 pm

anyone any opinions... personally I thought it was a pretty well screwed together car. Felt really nice inside. Pretty torquey as well but a bit soft. Reckon if you upped the boost slightly, bung on a filter and exhaust and swopped the springs for some stiffer items you'd have a very nice car indeed.... not as nice to look at or cruise in as the FTO though! But then it dosn have a quality feel to it.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue May 06, 2003 11:38 am

Well you can't really go wrong with reliability when it comes to VW and I'm sure there are plenty of mods out there for the Golf. Shane, out of curiousity, have you driven a GPX? If you havn't, do so, you might change your opinion of the Golf. You're welcome to take mine out for a spin anytime.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Tue May 06, 2003 3:36 pm

CJ wrote:Well you can't really go wrong with reliability when it comes to VW and I'm sure there are plenty of mods out there for the Golf. Shane, out of curiousity, have you driven a GPX? If you havn't, do so, you might change your opinion of the Golf. You're welcome to take mine out for a spin anytime.

Ciaran

Thanks for the offer Ciaran. I'd appreciate that. After driving the golf I was a bit depressed cause it felt way faster than the GS. I think the auto box (although great fun when moving) spoils the FTO more so because of the drone of (what I assume is) the torque convertor. To be honest I find this a bit wierd cause when I bought the FTO it felt only marginally slower than my old 205 GTI which was a bit of an animal.

Anyhow I haven't been out in a GR or GPX yet as any I actually got out to see were so ropey that I just didn't bother. I'd be keen to have a spin in a GPX if the chance was there.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Other Cars