How many of us are left.....?

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Re: How many of us are left.....?

Postby mcgon1979 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:04 pm

Still here. Still have the 99 manual GPvR. Just less active as I'm working for myself this past 2 years which keeps me busy
I'm also less active as the car never has any issues :) (Im active around insurance renewal week haha)
I'll probably keep it through 2013 (for the reasons I outlined in the insurance thread).
This year I've put Dynamat throughout the boot. under the spare wheel etc. Just to give the GPvR a bit more refinement. Not much mind. :) I drive it daily about 50km of 5th gear motorway stuff. costs about 200 a month in fuel. 200 every 3 months in tax. and 650+ insurance. All this is leading me to get a bit fed up. Not so much with the car, but just the hassle and cost of owning it. It's been kept indoors at night for 5 years which has really helped keep it in the present condition I think.
The more I keep it, the rarer it is becoming. Well, obviously... but I do see a less FTOs on the road, and the ones I do see are often older and look a bit worse for wear.
I'll keep it till someone crazy offers me stupid money for it. lol :smt003
Ma olen kaine!
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby adrian1977 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:15 am

I've got one complete spare fto and my daly fto is lade up with a gear box fault, im hoping I can sort the gear box problem out as I love my daily fto she's a fantastic car, I used to worry about fuel costs but with the fto the drive and power is worth it, not that im well off I a disabled driver. If any one can help me with ideas of fixing my fto fault I would really appreciate it. I will explain the fault, *****EDITED***** Thank you
Last edited by Bernard on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Comment off topic
adrian1977
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:13 pm

adrian1977 wrote: If any one can help me with ideas of fixing my fto fault I would really appreciate it. Thank you

Wrong thread for the request for help. You have an open thread in TECHNICAL. You don't have the "Flashing N" problem by the sounds of it. It's most likely a sensor fault and you need to run a diagnostic. I replied in your thread already. I would add that you should make sure that all the gearbox wiring is in order, just to be safe. Search here to learn how to run a diagnostic on the FTO. You should get your answer there.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:45 pm

:whs

Please keep threads on topic.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General FTO Discussion