Tip to manual RS gearbox swap help - got stuck :)

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Tip to manual RS gearbox swap help - got stuck :)

Postby brccrx » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:34 am

Well lads, in need of some information's regarding the matter, as ive just swapped in RS Manual box in to FTO and hit the wall with electric side of it.

I have ABS on the car and the sensors on the gearbox were related to it so now when i turn the key to start nothing happen and the ABS light come on.

I still have engine ECU from tip FTO (ive checked the part number and its same as on manuals) and tip gearbox ECU still in as when i removed it it does the same thing so i left it in for now.

Does anyone ever seen any topics about auto to manual on Mitsubishi related forums that could link it on here pls?
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Re: Tip to manual RS gearbox swap help - got stuck :)

Postby goz_83 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:18 am

Is it possible that the ecu are both the same part but programmed differently? I would suggest swapping over ecu to check, but it is just a guess.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Tip to manual RS gearbox swap help - got stuck :)

Postby mivecrx » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:27 am

Think it's going now on the auto ecu.
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Return to FTO Technical