21 and loving it... the GPX that is!

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

21 and loving it... the GPX that is!

Postby GPXtatic » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:41 am

Hey im Lucius, im 21 and run my family takeaway in dublin. Long story short it was time to buy a car a bit bigger than the peugeot 106 i learned in and had for nearly 3 years. So upon looking for a car bumper or a friend i came across my now GPX mivec. ill try post pics. didnt add anything to it so it came with the bodykit,wheels and spoiler but personally i love it. i didnt want something pedestrian. dont get me wrong, golf tdi's, audi turbo diesels are all great reliable cars, but i wanted something different. haha :D and different i got!! i met my another fto on the m50 passing cherrywood saturday 24th august around 5:45pm, looked like a father and son going for a spin and the young boy tried to get his father to look across to see myself and my brother going maaad bouncing around that we saw another fto haha bit of fun was had on the m50 till we parted our ways maybe the gentleman is on this site! anyways ill try post pics. its a manual stick gpx genuine mivec.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/u9h1.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/81gk.jpg/
GPXtatic
1st gear
1st gear

Re: 21 and loving it... the GPX that is!

Postby gt94 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:18 pm

:wel Nice clean looking car, is that an Evo rear spoiler?
gt94
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby mivecrx » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:16 am

Very nice fto lad!

Did you get it from Icetronix?
mivecrx
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby goz_83 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:33 am

:wel

Nice clean fto there by the looks of it.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby GPXtatic » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:51 pm

Yeh mivecrx! i was looking for a honda part for a friend and i seen the fto there and thought to myself this is the car haha and thanks goz_83, not sure if it is an evo spoiler but i took a look online and it very well could be! at first i thought it was too big but after a day or two i found it grew on me and i love it :P thanks for the welcome! hopefully if theres a cruise ill try make it but heading into winter fast so :roll:
GPXtatic
1st gear
1st gear

Postby mivecrx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:19 am

I knew it was the one, I had a look at it up there awhile ago when I was collecting a car and I also thought the spoiler was to big but then changed to liking it.

From what i seen it's a very clean car and it mite just have some nice extra's like APracing front calipers and an ARC airbox? I don't think the spoiler is off an evo but it's an aftermarket adjustable spoiler!
mivecrx

Postby brccrx » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:32 am

Welcome to the site!

Very nice FTO!
Only one ever build 1.3 turbo Fto, 0.7 bar on stock internals...because your imagination is the only boundary :)
brccrx
FTO is my new religion
FTO is my new religion

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:44 am

Nice looking FTO - have seen it on the FTO forums a few times now so there has been some previous enthusiast owners of that car.

Thats quite a bulky rear wing though - From my (fuzzy) memory I think its from "carbon creations" .
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby GPXtatic » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:50 am

Haha im finding out more about my car from the forums than anything else :) . yeh its adjustable not that ive changed it from the pictures. And i suppose thats lucky Myfeckin FTO that i know previous owners cared for it. im trying my best to look after it because it is nice and different and i refuse to ruin it by neglecting it so going to be on this a fair bit for diy's and guides.
GPXtatic
1st gear
1st gear

Return to Introduce yourself