Parking Scuffs

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Parking Scuffs

Postby goz_83 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:53 am

So I came out of the office at around 5:30 today to find that some effin retard had hit my rear bumper. Now the damage is not bad, but there are a number of noticeable scuffs and scratches from the lower half of the number to the bottom lip of the drivers headlight. I have to say I'm pretty pissed off about it. Not a note left and not a camera facing where my car was parked. The place fills up with lazy arseholes that park there all day and hitch the train to work, so it can be hard to get a decent spot. I park around the back when I can, where the bins are, but there are often cars blocking access to the entrance, so I'm forced to leave my car in a tight car park half the week.

Isn't there a company that repairs scratches and scuffs that is mobile? If anyone knows the name...let me know. I think I'll start clamping the cnuts who are using our car park as a park and ride. It's a total joke!

On a positive note, the anti-theft dust caps I put on last week are still on the wheels. I noticed today that someone had tried to remove them, because there were little pieces of match stick left in the hole of two caps.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Parking Scuffs

Postby optical illusion » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:53 pm

What is this obsession with dust caps?
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:13 pm

It's the little things that count :)

I simply refuse to allow some snot nosed kids to force me to downgrade to plastic dust caps....although I now believe it's teenagers, because of the very late hours the caps were going missing. I shoild be able to have nice things without little d1kheds swiping them. The anti-theft caps have so far worked a treat.

The scuffs and scrapes are annoying me though. Want to get them sorted.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:14 pm

You've got me curious now - how do they make the dust caps 'anti theft'?
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:40 pm

I believe the outer sleeve of the cap spins if you turn it by hand, there's a tool that turns the whole cap

Some of them have a grub screw that locks it on and stops it spinning
colm_mcm

Postby goz_83 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:12 pm

colm_mcm wrote:I believe the outer sleeve of the cap spins if you turn it by hand, there's a tool that turns the whole cap

Some of them have a grub screw that locks it on and stops it spinning

Correct. Outer sleeve turns freely. The ones with the grub screws are rubbish. Unless thread glue is used, the grub can get loose and caps are taken anyway, doing damage to threads.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion