Looking for a FTO

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

Looking for a FTO

Postby aaronkill » Tue May 19, 2009 1:22 am

Hi,
Im Aaron from Roscommon, and im looking for an FTO, preferably a gs in black, if anyone is selling or knows anyone that is please let me know.
aaronkill
1st gear
1st gear

Re: Looking for a FTO

Postby Dragonheart » Tue May 19, 2009 9:27 am

Hi Aaron, welcome.
Try www.donedeal.ie, www.autotrader, www.gumtree.ie, they all have fto's for sale apart from the usual www.carzone.ie, www.cbg.ie, etc.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Tue May 19, 2009 9:53 am

I wouldn't specifically look for a GS on the basis of saving money, the road tax on a GS is €582 compared with €615 for the 2.0 (GS is taxed as 1.9), there may not be a noticable difference in insurance costs between a GS and a GR, and the V6 engines are miles better than the 1.8

There is also a lot more choice out there in V6 models, and the fact that 1.8 owners seem to think their cars are worth as much as a V6 means there are no real savings to be made by going 1.8.

Check out prices for insurance on both models.
colm_mcm

Postby aaronkill » Tue May 19, 2009 1:06 pm

thanks for the advice lads, after test driving a 2.0 Mivec today, im in love so its a gx for me i think! :D
aaronkill
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Tue May 19, 2009 1:30 pm

aaronkill wrote:thanks for the advice lads, after test driving a 2.0 Mivec today, im in love so its a gx for me i think! :D

I assume you mean GPX? Note that the GX (and GR) are 2L non-MIVEC.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aaronkill » Tue May 19, 2009 1:50 pm

well, any of the v6 models
aaronkill
1st gear
1st gear

Postby karlf » Tue May 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Know what your looking for is all I'd suggest. I was looking at the ads on carzone yesterday and noticed all but one or two of the cars advertised as 97-99 had the 94-96 front bumper. I would be very cautious of them, suggests they were probably crashed at some point. Read the guides on what to look for when buying an fto it will help a lot. I was going to post a link to it but it just came up "error 404". Someone might be able to add a link that works if they have one.
If you are going to get one in from the North or UK expect to pay €790 for VRT. I brought one back from England about 2 months ago and thats what I paid in VRT.
There is a nice red one on Carzone:
http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mitsubishi/FTO/Mivec-Ma/200920192760338/advert?channel=CARS.
Cant comment on how well its maintained but it looks nice imho. The price is a bit high if you ask me for a 95 and there's no mention of NCT. I'd say a bit of negotiation could be done there
Dont panic buy either, wait for a decent one to come up and buy it. I know from reading posts here that people searched for months before they found a suitable one. The worst thing would be to buy one and then have to but in €€€€'s fixing it up.

P.S. Sebastian (a member here) had a 96 red gr for sale. That might be worth a look as he had it well kept. Not sure if he still has it but you could pm him to find out

Good Luck with the search.
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby miss-enzo » Wed May 20, 2009 7:28 pm

welcome to the club... there is a nice GS for sale in Kilmeaden, car is always SPOTLESS!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/901912
My FTO is for sale viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12725
miss-enzo
My other car's an FTO...as well
My other car's an FTO...as well

Return to Introduce yourself