Wanted: Facelift bumper

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Wanted: Facelift bumper

Postby CJ » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:10 pm

I know its a long shot, but if anyone knows of a facelift in a breakers yard with no front end damage, can you let me know. I'm after a facelift bumper and the usual (Irish) suspects don't have any (That and the fact that I refuse to pay Mitsi prices for a new one!)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Speedyboy » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:42 pm

How much to mitsabushi want for one?? Slightly off topic but theres a 98 breaking in fermanagh with front damage if any one wants the number let me know
Speedyboy
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby CJ » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:47 pm

Speedyboy wrote:How much to mitsabushi want for one??

The guts of 600 sheets, bearing in mind that facelift lamps will cost and extra €350 - €400 (new).

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:44 pm

CJ wrote:
Speedyboy wrote:How much to mitsabushi want for one??

The guts of 600 sheets, bearing in mind that facelift lamps will cost and extra €350 - €400 (new).

CJ

Think you should talk to Steelroe here - he has a put a new shape front on his FTO and I think he used VW polo lights or something for the lamps.

HEHe - good luck with finding a 2nd hand new shape front spoiler - you might find it cheaper and easier to ram your present car up the back of a new shape FTO - claim through the insurance - and buy the unfortunate victims front spoiler from his wrecked FTO placing it back on your damaged front end. :twisted:

The opinions expressed above are not in any way meant as a suggestion - please note - I do not have a new front end - its just a top mix spoiler - so stay away CJ
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:43 pm

Myfeckin FTO wrote:Think you should talk to Steelroe here

That was the first thing I did m8 ;)

Myfeckin FTO wrote:HEHe - good luck with finding a 2nd hand new shape front spoiler

I've tried all of the usual suspects, Mitsi in Dublin have one but I'm not paying them a penny, looking in the UK as we speak so stay tuned!

NOI, but Topmix ain't my personal preference so your spoilers safe!

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:36 pm

Would you not go for something like a bozz speed front end - stick on some DC side skirts and you'd probably still have change from the facelift front. :idea:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:43 am

Myfeckin FTO wrote:Would you not go for something like a bozz speed front end - stick on some DC side skirts and you'd probably still have change from the facelift front. :idea:

The Bozz Speed bumper is too similar to the pre-facelift for my liking, that and the fact you would have to import from Japan. Dcautro skirts I do like but the idea is to keep costs down - the bumper itself costs €750 pre shipping so the lot would cost you well over a grand all in.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:29 am

Nah - I was talking about the BS Style spoiler on Funky product - Obviously the genuine article is gonna cost you a lot more - but combine this with the DC style skirts and shave your rear (spoiler that is) and you'd have a pretty cool looking car.

http://www.funkyproduct.co.uk/item.php?carNumber=1&carMake=FTO&catTypeNumber=2&catType=Exterior&subcatType=Spoilers,%20Sideskirts,%20Bodykits%20etc&subcatTypeNumber=97
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:44 am

Myfeckin FTO wrote:Nah - I was talking about the BS Style spoiler on Funky product

Gotcha, still don't like the look of it though ;) IMO, it would really only suit a turbo install whereby you can see the intercooler...

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby steelroe » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:03 pm

Ciaran,

Give Brian Lively a call, part number is MR555088, he would be the best bet. Not sure of the cost though.
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:54 am

steelroe wrote:Give Brian Lively a call, part number is MR555088, he would be the best bet. Not sure of the cost though.

Already did Rory, no joy :?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby steelroe » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:35 am

CJ,

Did Brian Lively give you a price.
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:39 am

steelroe wrote:Did Brian Lively give you a price.

No, he'd none in stock at the time. I did get a price off Usave in the UK for €567+VAT, they didn't mention if that was new or not but I assume it is.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

interested

Postby Neil » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:12 pm

Sorry to be diggin up old threads here cj, but how much did everything come to in the end?

I see funkystyling.co.uk have replica facelift bumpers now for £295GBP, but how much did the lights, indicators and well.. everything else, come to in the end?

just trying to estimate the full cost of this conversion..
Neil
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Re: interested

Postby Daz » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:26 pm

Neil wrote:Sorry to be diggin up old threads here cj, but how much did everything come to in the end?

I see funkystyling.co.uk have replica facelift bumpers now for £295GBP, but how much did the lights, indicators and well.. everything else, come to in the end?

just trying to estimate the full cost of this conversion..

You'll get the the real deal bumper from a mitsi garage for about 470 yoyo's if i remember right. and between spraying and all the other bit and peices you'll be talking the guts of a grand.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Re: interested

Postby CJ » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:18 pm

Daz wrote:you'll be talking the guts of a grand

A grands about right, I think I spend €850 or so, I did the fitting myself which brought the price down.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to For Sale