advice

Say hello to other forum members

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules before posting!

advice

Postby dynamikey » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:34 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Michael and I'm from Holland. I just recently dicovered this awesome car and I found a Mitsubishi fto GR from 1995.
I can get it for €2000,- and to me (i dont know much about cars) it is affortable.
It has run 220000 km.
Pictures you can find on:

http://auto.marktplaats.nl/mitsubishi/356446243-mitsubishi-fto-gr-1995-geen-impreza-skyline-supra-evo.html?mtype=2&fta=&return=eJwNyUsKgDAMBcC7uLfxB0J6GIlaaLDVYp4LEe%252Busx3hlh%252FlxhuPHVerWklyT4qQkxp8BAoTbUcJu8tybvhfYG5PJBeO2igr7JrVotLS9oOLyKny7wekiiAr

I really hope someone can help me get some advice because im absolutely in love with this car!!

Awesome website by the way it makes me love this car even more!!!

Hope to hear something soon!!

Michael.
dynamikey

Re: advice

Postby Dragonheart » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:54 pm

Welcome Michael, first thing you need to do is check does the car have a service history, once they are serviced properly and at the right times then they can run up to a high mileage, but if it hasn't then 200,000km is a lot. Also is it a manual or tiptronic? Again if its tiptronic make sure that the oil and filters for the tip gear box have been serviced at the proper times.
Just make sure its in good condition before you buy it, its very easy to fall in love with a car and whatever you see wrong with it you'll forget quickly and you'll buy it anyway, but if something goes wrong in a month there is nothing you can do, so its best to get someone else to look at it for you as well so you can get their opinion.
Hopefully it'll work out for you, looks nice. :)
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi Michael, welcome to the site.
That's a nice looking example, the price looks a little high (by Irish standards) given the mileage but then again I don't suppose there are too many FTOs in Holland.
If you could find one you should look for a GPX or GPVR (no offence to GR,GX or GS drivers).

Here's a list of some Irish FTOs for sale for comparison.
http://www.carzone.ie/search/results?legacy_url=y&searchsource=quick&make_model=Mitsubishi|FTO&cacheBuster=1280166551905956

Also this one is for sale here, a little more expensive but way lower mileage & in perfect condition.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StewyD32 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:41 pm

the right side of the bumper looks a little off... make sure you check that out
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby Sebastian » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:19 pm

it must be a rare car n holland , fair play .

If you have a friend who's a mechanic and can help you out doing bits and pieces ( including bodywork and electrics ) then go for it .
www.camskill.co.uk is a great uk site to order parts often with next day delivery .

They are not prone to break but you must maintain the car in good working order
let us know how you get on ( in fairness it's a 2k car not an aston martin :wink: )
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Dilogoat86 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:06 pm

Like any car make sure it's what they're selling. Crashes can be concealed well and high mileage can be bad if not looked after. As mentioned above do all the necessary checks. If you're not confident looking yourself get a mechanic if you know one to take a look and test drive it with you. You could always go to the UK and get one if it's a box of poo.

OOH, also keep an eye out for front arch and roof rust. It's common enough in the pre 1996 models.
Currently in my collection:
'98 Toyota Starlet...
'79 Mini Clubman 1380cc ~100BHP (I hope)
'79 BMW 728
Dilogoat86
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Return to Introduce yourself